WE INVITE MWENDA TO ISLAM TO STOP HIM SPREADING MORE LIES!
BY HASSAN AMINA
If anyone on this page knows Andrew Mwenda on a personal level, tell him that there is a way he can redeem himself for all the defamation, hate speech and any other wrong he’s ever done to people. That his slate can be wiped clean and that there is much hope for forgiveness. There’s no reason why he keeps accusing our moderator, Abbey Semuwemba, of being Tom Okwalinga, for reasons best known to himself.
Tell him to accept Islam as his belief and salvation.
That Islam will bring him a peace that no human can ever take away should he stick with it.
That if he does it , he benefits his soul and his reward and recompense is with God alone. Islam will make him feel like this eartly life as nothing, and that whatever he is looking for could only be granted by God. He should not spend days and nights thinking of what to write about Besigye and his supporters, as obscession could easily lead to mental illness.
Tell him it’s the best choice he could ever make for himself and could be the motivator needed to go against policies that slaughter innocent Ugandans despite pressure from other human beings who may have power. Or help him open eyes to a poverty and incarceration issue that can’t be seen through elitist lenses.
If he doesn’t accept, that’s between him and God, then next invite him to be shown how to help the less fortunate and show by an example that you’ve been setting to do the same in your own spaces.
If we haven’t even TRIED to invite Mwenda and Museveni to islam before deciding there is no hope then I’m afraid we’ve given more power to both of them than they actually have. Neither Mwenda nor Museveni is above the unseen or qadr.
May Allah grant the sincere an ability if we ever meet him to invite him in the spirit of Noah, of Moses, of Muhammad (pbuh). I just have that kind of belief in the power of Allah. I don’t know how to live allowing a man, any man, to have others in perpetual despair. May Allah not test the rest of us with that.
SOURCE: UAH GROUP FACEBOOK
By Mukwanason A. Hyuha
Professor of Economics
Last week, there was a news item on the local NTV station concerning the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) that is mandated, among other things, to ensure that even minorities and disadvantaged people in the country enjoy equal opportunities, with no discrimination in service provision by government, in employment and, in general, in sharing the national cake. It appears that the EOC had received a complaint to the effect that Muslims in Uganda were/are receiving a less than fair share of the national cake, especially in employment in the public sector. An official of the EOC (a Ms. Malole?) did highlight the nature of the Commission’s docket, responsibilities and activities with respect to the Commission’s implementation of its mandate.
What was, however, surprising—and, possibly, very disappointing to the many Muslims in this Republic—was, first, the official’s claim that she was not actually aware that Muslims were/are facing discrimination. Second, the official seemed not to have the necessary data to enable the EOC to take action on the matter. She, therefore, requested anybody with the data or evidence to forward that evidence to the Commission. It was surprising and disappointing because, in my opinion, it appears to be public knowledge that Muslims are discriminated against in many areas, at least since the colonial days. For instance,
• The Obote II regime had only one Muslim Minister appointed to Cabinet. This Muslim had to immediately flee from the country, following a bombardment of his residence by, allegedly, the security forces. As a result of this flight, the Obote II regime had no Muslim Minister in it.
• The Executive Director of the Kampala City Council Authority (KCCA) appointed 12 high ranking officers to run the affairs of the Authority. There was/is no Muslim among the 12, yet there are so many extremely well-qualified Muslim Ugandans eligible for such and other similar jobs or appointments.
• Many a time, lists of appointed judges and other high-ranking officials in other sectors of the public service are announced, only for Muslims to painfully discover that in such lists, Muslims are missing or are under-represented. Isn’t the EOC aware of this?
• Although both the Kibuli and Old Kampala Muslim factions, particularly their leaders, are normally quiet on these issues for reasons best known to themselves, Sheikh Obed Kamulegeya has often complained in public about this discrimination. Unfortunately for the Muslims, Sheikh Kamulegeya of late is no longer as vocal on this issue as he used to be during the current and previous regimes.
• Fortunately, my Member of Parliament (Hajji Latiff Ssebaggala) as well as Sheikh Nuhu Muzaata Batte have taken over the mantle, albeit on a voluntary basis. For instance, following the EOC’s feigning of ignorance, Hajji Ssebaggala pointed out that no Muslim is represented in the high-most layers of Uganda’s political leadership: President, Vice President, Speaker of Parliament, Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Chief Justice, Deputy Chief Justice, Prime Minister, occupants of the portfolios of major ministries (such as Agriculture, Education, Health, Industry, etc.), and so on. For equity purposes and in order to correct historical injustices to Muslims, some of these positions should be ring-fenced for the Muslims—knowing that getting well-qualified and competent Muslims is not a problem at all.
• Some of the other examples include the Governor and Deputy Governor of the Bank of Uganda and similar chief executive officers (CEOs) of the NSSF, NWSC, CAA, UNRA, URA, UDBL, UPDF, Police, Prisons, ISO, ESO, public universities and other full or semi-parastatals. What about these CEOs’ deputies? Ring-fencing can also be recommended in this case.
What extra evidence does the EOC require? Has it worked on these glaring cases? Given its central position, can’t the EOC generate the required evidence on its own?
Collecting Data and Computing Vital Percentages to Generate Evidence
The EOC should act like the office of the Inspector General of Government (IGG), especially as regards capacity to investigate cases once reported. Because of its capacity, the IGG’s office only needs a report or complaint to start off its own investigation(s). It does not wait for evidence from the complainants or the whistleblowers. That way, the office gets its own evidence, and, hence, does not rely much on evidence from the complainants or whistleblowers—which evidence may, after all, be biased, inaccurate, incomplete, and/or internally inconsistent. Therefore, for a properly implemented act, the EOC must collect data on its own. Thus, a Muslim need only report to the EOC that KCCA’s CEO has employed 12 Ugandans without including a Muslim, or that Muslims are underrepresented in the hierarchy/category of permanent secretaries, yet there are so many well-qualified Muslims fit for the underlying dockets. Thereafter, the EOC swings into action, rather than sitting back in Bugolobi to await the complainant to produce the required evidence.
It is easy to work out the required percentages in every instance. Suppose the population of Muslims in the country is, say, 12% of the total population, then the KCCA should have employed (12×0.12) = 1.44 Muslims, i.e. at least one Muslim; in fact 2 Muslims in line with affirmative action aimed at correcting historical imbalances.
In case the EOC is so understaffed that it has no adequate internal capacity to gather the data on its own, it should at least hire qualified individuals or groups of competent individuals to assist it with the collection and analysis of the necessary data sets. Further, the EOC can actually also source the data from an independent, legal entity to supply it with the required vital data from time to time. This option is actually very attractive and plausible since the EOC may never have enough staff to gather all the data the Commission requires. According to its mandate, the EOC was created to deal with all types of discrimination—with respect to, say, ethnicity, religion, creed, race, region, disability, gender, minorities, political affiliation, ideology, and access to social and other public services and supplies. It is not possible that the Commission can have expert staff in all these areas; hence, the need to hire or source experts from outside the organisation itself.
Conclusion: My Challenge to the EOC
I challenge the EOC to gather data, analyse the data, thereby derive appropriate conclusions, and take the required actions with regard to discrimination against Muslims in cases of the following types, among others:
1. The number of Cabinet Ministers
2. The number of Ministers of State
3. The number of Muslim Ministers in important ministerial portfolios
4. The number of permanent secretaries and their deputies
5. The number of Commissioners in Ministries
6. The number of heads/CEOs of public entities/’parastatals’, such as those mentioned earlier
7. The number of other employees in each Ministry and parastatal (from lowest to highest posts)
8. The number of Presidential advisors
9. The number of Resident District Commissioners (RDCs), given the current 112 districts
10. The number of deputy and Assistant RDCs
11. The number of District Police Commanders (DPCs) in the country
12. The number of Regional Police Commanders in Uganda
13. Similar employment structures in the UPGF and the prisons
14. The number of Chief Administrative Officers (CAOs) in the 112 districts
15. The civil service of all districts, municipalities and town councils in all entities
16. And so on.
Are the relevant positions/posts being shared equitably with respect to regions, religions, tribes, gender, et cetera? I am concerned particularly with the percentage of Muslims in these positions vis-à-vis their (Muslims’ population) percentage in the over 35 millions of people in Uganda. Is the Muslims’ share of the national cake equitable or satisfactory? Good analysis of the data will bring out the required answer. The Muslims claim that they are not getting a fair share of the national cake. Does the evidence show otherwise in each of the above instances?
The EOC’s answers to these and similar questions will help all of us and, above all, raise all of us higher on the knowledge scale.
© Mukwanason Hyuha
May 15, 2016.
It’s heartening to see much of the Uganda Muslim community engage in heavy discussion on this election but none of the Muslim leaders has come out with a document to publicly give guidance on what Muslims want from the next govt. Whether it’s to question the way the religious-political cake is distributed(the president pledging 10 billions to the Catholics for shrines), or our cooperation with the government, Muslims have much to contribute to an existing and critical discourse.
What we need to remember though is that Islam frames the way in which we seek to enter and contribute to the conversation. We are not political observers offering insight from a distance, nor are we contributing from a godless ontology through which we then feign universality.
Islam defines for us the problem and Islam defines for us the solution. Let us keep this in mind so as to not adopt what will ultimately be a self-defeating politics.
Now, back to the discussion..…
When the sincerity of Museveni’s promises to Muslims and the rest of Ugandans is questioned, some people cry insensitivity and insist the discussion be left for another day. For instance,he has promised some compensation to the victims of the 1979 mini-genocide in Mbarara, but you have got to ask yourself:1- what’s in it for him this time? , 2- why now, after 30 years in power?
Recently, as many of you may have heard, there were newspaper articles published that theorized the murders of Muslim sheikhs, but no report has been published by the govt so far. We are still basically in darkness on who’s killing our leaders, a factor that has made some of us to stay away from that country for a while. Honestly, Its scary to be killed and absolutely nothing is done about it. I sometimes wish I knew how to make a gun and bullets myself without going to any factory, such that I could distribute them to all Muslim leaders to protect themselves.
Secondly, I’ve only come to realize how little support, we as an honourable Muslim community, give to each other in times of hardship. I am guilty of this myself, but I’ve only just started to feel the great importance of this unfortunately when it hit home.There’s a sheikh(tabliq faction) in prison right now whose case has been as confusing as the candidacy of Mbabazi in these elections. I have forgotten his name but I think he was due for bail at some point and the trial was postponed or something like that. But some Muslims are celebrating this brother’s problems instead of trying as much as possible to help him.
How do we do this to each other, while Allah SWT honoured us with this amazing religion we all share, and yet we let each individual suffer on their own. The imagery is of hungry wolves attacking, and instead of staying all close together, we seem to scamper away like little mice with our heads down. Is this the Izzah (honour) that we hold as one Ummah. It would be great to see us actually implement the hadith of the Prophet SAW that we are, as one body. We all know it in words but really contemplate, how have you actually shown that with your actions. Allah SWT says (translation): Shall we then treat the Muslimeen (people of faith) like the Mujrimeen (People of Sin)? ((68:35))
Imagine if each time one Muslim was unfairly treated in any way, a respected group of 3,000 Muslims responded, just voicing their support via social media,newspapers and radio stations to the individual and his family rather than making them feel like a stray sheep from amongst the herd. (It will be great to discuss ideas of how we can do this, in an organized fashion). Doing so, will not only unite our efforts, but also potentially deter attackers.
Some will probably be thinking -but how do we know that he is being unfairly treated? The premise of “innocent until proven guilty” should be there not “guilty because the media said so”. Also, there is a definite harshness that exists amongst us sometimes when we don’t necessarily agree with each other’s opinions. Do any two people share the exact same ideas and opinions? Where is our respect for different understandings? Psychology studies have taught us the vastness and magnificence of the human brain. Utmost respect should be given to one another, especially as Muslims where we agree on who our Creator is, and who our beloved, noble Prophet is, and on our purpose in this gleamingly short world. Aren’t we all trying to please our Creator?
Well, I wish everyone peaceful elections. Please vote wisely and find a way to protect your votes: don’t go back home before votes are counted, and take pictures of the results. We also pray to Allah to give strength to our brother,Dr.Badru Kiggundu, whom i respect so much, to do the right thing…..i must add ‘this time’!
*Abbey Kibirige Semuwemba*
Stalk my blog at: http://semuwemba.com/
The malicious massage was sent by the aggrieved members (former staff members) whose contracts were not renewed at the end of the year 2015.
1. The need to correct the false information supplied.
a. The list of terminated staff members had names like Muwonge Vincent, Matovu Ivan, Lutamaguzi Ivan and Kawamala Moses who were terminated in 2013 during the former head teacher’s tenure.
b. All new applicants for vacancies were given muslim names yet a good number of them are Christians e.g Nasiwa Sophia is Nasiwa Oliver, Namaingo Aminah is Namaingo Alice, Nalubale Leilah is Nalubale Diana, Aiita Anifa is Aiita Alex.
c. The structure of the prayer place at school was put up under Mr.Bwire Raphel’s time in 2006.
d. A number of staff (8) who contracts were not renewed have written their statements to dis-associate themselves from the case submitted to KCCA Labour office which was contesting termination of contract. This is because they consented to the end of contract but were also included on the long list of complainants.
e. The length of service was faked e.g Ssekadde Saul served for 1 year as an office messenger not 2 years as personal assistant. Odwori Micheal served for 2 years not 19years. Kawamara Moses served for 6years not 10 years, Nalwanga Mable served for 7 years not 9 years, Sseremba Ronald served for 10 years not 15 years etc.
HOW STAFF ARE LOCALLY RECRUITED AND ALSO LAID OFF
The Board of Governors (B.O.G) employs temporary staff to fill the gaps whenever those on Government pay roll are not enough, with an understanding that the B.O.G staff are on temporary contracts and laid off as soon as a school gets a government staff.
It is under this arrangement that the contracts of the complainants were not renewed and they resorted to lodge their complaints to the KCCA Labour office and social Media.
They were given notice in advance and on top of that they are going to be paid 2 months’ salary in lieu.
The termination of contract is not a new phenomenon. Every end of year contracts are terminated or renewed depending on performance and government posting of staff.
RECRUITMENT OF STAFF
There is a committee in charge of recruitment of personnel and none of the members is a Muslim.
It is not that all the short listed persons passed the interview.
Its un fortunate that all the new recruited staff were given Muslim names to instigate hostility
The KCCA labour office has invited me for mediation meeting on the 1st/Feb/2016
Feel free, to ask any clarification on this matter. Otherwise I will keep you posted on the new developments after the mediation meeting.
- Ugastat Ltd
- Uganda Brushware Manufacturers Ltd
- Uganda Ranchers Ltd
- Consolidated Properties Ltd.
- Liiso Publications Ltd
- Star Garment Industry Ltd
- Hababi Hotel Ltd
- Al-Attas Touring Company with a fleet of vehicles numbering up to 12 Omni buses.
- Kitovu Printery
- Lathe Machine Workshop
- Mijera/Nakakola Buruli Ranch
- Kiryandongo Ranch
- Masaka Ranch
- Bunya Ranch
- Ankole Ranch
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
Killing members of a religious group with intent to destroy them in whole or in part, as was the case for Muslims in Sheema, Uganda, in 1979 is one of the most serious crimes: the crime of genocide. Victims of such crime not only deserve adequate and timely compensation, but perpetrators of genocide must not go unpunished.
Until adequate and timely compensation has been made, there are reasonable grounds to believe that the candidate’s statement is a mere campaign message deliberately intended to get votes from victims of massacres to support a candidate who has clearly failed to ensure that the victims were compensated without undue delay.
The fact that no compensation has been made in the last about 30 years (despite a previous promise made during 2011 presidential campaigns) is a possible indicator of unwillingness to adequately and timely compensate the victims. They are only remembered during and only in the context of presidential campaigns (when their votes are wanted) but forgotten immediately after swearing in.
Even if one is to give the candidate some benefit of doubt, his promise is still ambiguous and indeed non-committal. The promise is not to provide adequate compensation immediately and unconditionally but rather to send the Prime Minister and the Solicitor General (on an unspecified date) to meet the affected families and agree on modalities of compensating them.
There is, therefore, a process with a possibility that a satisfactory agreement on adequate and timely compensation might not be reached or if reached it might not be implemented in practice without further delay.
While we do not support Hon. Amama Mbabazi, his words, as cited by Rehema Uganda and The Observer, (ie ‘when he tells you that this is white, then you know he is meaning that it is black’) http://observer.ug/news-headlines/42038-museveni-never-means-what-he-says-mbabazi, unless otherwise disproved, might apply equally apply to the victims.
It is hoped that adequate and timely compensation will be made to the victims without further undue delay.
Delayed compensation does not amount to adequate compensation.
Significantly, monetary compensation alone without holding those who bear the greatest criminal responsibility for killing Muslims accountable will never be adequate compensation. It breeds impunity for the perpetrators of these crimes and thus contributes to the further commission of similar crimes in the future. No wonder Muslims can still be killed without accountability; arrested and detained without trial etc.
‘While Saudi Government can be blamed for not intervening in the suffering of our Ugandans who go to do slavery there, our government is equally to blame. In Man Power Planning Principles, if a country can not absorb all its graduates, it is in order to export that man power. The individuals will benefit as well as the government.Our African countries have left the citizens to export themselves or by fake organizations to go and serve as slaves in the developed and developing countries. Many die while traveling to these countries but we do not learn or care’
I have information that in 2000 China asked our Ambassador there to provide 20,000 teachers to teach English language in their country. When our Ambassador traveled back and talked to the PS Ministry of education, the latter completely rejected the idea without subjecting it to logical discussion. The argument was that it would sabotage UPE programme, some thing I found illogical. First Uganda has more teachers than the government can employee some of the doing petty jobs. Secondly, any S4 Dropout in Uganda needs just 6mouthe course on pedagogue and would go to Chine and teacher basic English well etc.etc.The Ambassador gave up the idea, but some how a few individuals found their way in Chine on that programme.
Supposing these people were going out with involvement the government, their contribution would be more than twice,. There are countries like Pakistan that officially export manpower to Saudi Arabia and their economies are benefiting well as their citizens also gain.
—–‘Kibedi Nkuutu’ via Uganda Muslim Brothers & Sisters
Government has with immediate effect banned the recruitment and deployment of Ugandans as domestic workers in Saudi Arabia.
In a statement issued this afternoon, Muruli Mukasa, the Gender, Labor and Social Minister, notes that the ministry has been receiving complaints of workers subjected to inhuman treatment by their employers in Saudi Arabia.
According to the statement, the ban will remain in effect until the working conditions in Saudi Arabia are deemed fit. In 2014, the Speaker of Parliament, Rebecca Kadaga, asked government to ban the export of domestic workers following complaints of torture but nothing was done.
Kindly receive the Islamic Banking law. Open the attachment!
Binyamin (Arabic for Benjamin)
Al Mamlaka (the kingdom)
Rama (Hindu god)
Basmala (utterance of the name of God)
Jibreel (angel Gabriel)
Nabiyya (female prophet)
MUKIIBI YUSUFU JUNIOR AL-KIBIBI
Students’ Imam (2013-2015) BUMSA
Significance of the document
The world is being dominated and misled by the ideologies of the beings who regard themselves as super powers. Many people who blindly follow, have embraced awkward practices and happen to assist the tyrants implement their weird agendas. This could purportedly be done unknowingly or for reasons of earningfavour from the infidels or in pursuit of dimes. Thus, the need to address these issues which are engrooved in a one wide program, the New World Order. I contemplated it that, there was need to cite international examples and relate them to what prevails in Uganda.
BUMSA is an acronym for Busitema University Muslim Students Association. The association’s key aim is to unite all Muslim students in Busitema University among others. Contact BUMSA via email@example.com
Busitema University is a multi-campus public university situated in Eastern Uganda with about seven campuses, though only five as per now are in full operation. For further information, visit the university website at http://www.busitema.ac.ug
About the author
The author was born on 27/10/1992, to parents Mr. Mukiibi Yusufu (senior) and Ms. Nakabugo Yudaya of Lungujja, Kampala.
Adescendant of the great grand SemakulaSirimaan Musaale family of KIBIBIsub-county, BUTAMBALA district.
He is a student of Busitema University (2012-2015) currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree of science education at Nagongera campus (Tororo district). He served as the students’ Imam BUMSA from 2013 to 2015.
You may contact him via firstname.lastname@example.org
I dedicate this work to my grand tutors;Shaykh Musa Ahmadah Mutyaba and Imam AbduNasir Seif for the extremely incredible work of grooming me into a literate Muslim. May Allah grant them the best on this worldly life and please them with Jannat ul Firdaws. Allahuma Aamin
I hereby extend my sincere gratitude towards the work done by the committed Islamic scholars, Muslim professionals, Islamic media organisations and well-wishers. The Islamic publications and lectures presented are really educative for those who understand. It’s quite challenging that we as Muslims live in societies opposed to the authentic teachings. May Allah reward thescholars who manoeuvre through such challenges on this worldly life and Hereafter.
To mention but a few, am really appreciative for;
- The Muslims and well-wishers who preach and abide by the truth even if it calls forbeing battered ,faulted,blackmailed, jailed and slained. May Allah be pleased with their ungradable contributions.
- The efforts of Prof: Abbas Kiyimba to address issues that inflict agony on the Ugandan Muslims though at times with little or no assistance from the concerned Muslim bodies.
- The zeal that is exhibited by Shaykh Abdullah Faisal (Imam Jamaikee ) to present sensitive topics despite the fact that he has ever been in prison for years for related instances. May Allah enable him keep up the spirit and endow a similitude of it to the young generation.
- All the Muslim journalists who are committed to the well-being and betterment of our religion. I take it upon myself to salute the performance of radio stations 92.3 Voice Of Africa radio and 107.9 Pearl FM in Uganda.
- Empowerment and courage from brothers; Fuube Shubaike, Ismail Mumbere, Ashraf Katungi, Dhakaba Muhammad and Tagumira Abdallah
All praise is due to Allah (s.w), Cherisher, Nourisher ,Sustainer from Whom we seek forgiveness and assistance. We pray that peace and blessings be bestowed upon the last of all prophets(saw), his household, companions, those who followed them, those following them and those to follow them until the day of Reckoning.
May Allah save us from the malice of our souls and the evil of our deeds. Whomsoever Allah guides, no one can lead him astray and whomsoever Allah leads astray, no one can bring him to the righteous path. I bear witness that none is worthy of worship besides Allah(s.w) and Muhammad (s.a.w) is a slave and Messenger of Allah(s.w)
The trustworthy stories are those of the Book of Allah, the best guidance is that of the prophet Muhammad (s.a .w), the worst of deeds is innovation and every innovation is Bid-aa, any Bid-aa leads astray and any kind of astray leads to hell fire.
May Allah guide us to the righteous path, the path of those whom He bestowed upon his bounties and not the path of those who went astray and those with whom He was angered. Allahuma Aamin
THE NEW WORLD ORDER
The New World Order can be abbreviated as NWO.
Ayna NWO? Maa haazha NWO? Wamaadraaka NWO?
This terminology, the NWO was introduced in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s. It was first mentioned of by the then, president of America George Bush in 1990 and his exact words were, “what is at stake is more than just one small country, it’s a big idea the NWO.”
The NWO is a global domination spearheaded by the US and her allies. These aim at dominating other nations of the world politically, economically, socially and militarily.
The strategies taken to implement the NWO are as follows;
- To dismantle the Soviet Union (USSR) in Afghanistan, US used Mujahidin after which they were labeled fundamentalists and arrested. Some were handed over to Mubarak of Egypt for torture. Portrayed Osama Bin Laden (Rah) and the like as terrorists yet they are the very ones who initiated him and his comrades in what they term as terror acts today.
A commentary on communism by William Blum, Killing Hope; US military and CIA invasions since world war II “Islam having replaced communism as the evil empire.”
- Subject their citizens to anti-islam indoctrination.Show them that the dangers of Islam are self-evident. From theKhomenei led revolution in Iran, Saddam’s invasion of Kuwait,to the bombing of the world trade Centre. This is imbibed in their movies, daily paper, on television, and even politicians thrive on it.
Phrase sayings of myopic view and scanty contemplation to the world e.g.‘All terrorists are Muslims but not all Muslims are terrorists.’This can only be accepted by incapacitated brains otherwise, who spearheaded the massacre of Muslims in Mbarara? People like Charles Taylor, Joseph Kony, Alice Lakwena, have they ever been branded as Christian terrorists?Why put Islam on the billboards of terrorism?
- They survive on an enemy e.g. the Israelites. These Israelites have differences amongst themselves but the only way of being kept united, is to establish a general enemy to them.
Hashr59:14, “BA’SUM BAYNAHUM SHADIID , TAHSABUHUM JAMII-AN WAQULUUBUHUM SHATTAA”
“The enmity among themselves is great. You would think they are united but their hearts are divided.”
- Media has been made to demonise Muslims
- Produce movies like On the sedge, Executive discussion, Enemy of the state; to persuade their citizens believe that Muslims are terrorists and enemy number one. However, the statistics have it that, terror acts and violent crimes in US and Europe are mostly by non-Muslims.
- Muslims are the likely perpetrators even before law enforcement agencies have identified any suspects. Within an hour of the bombing of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, former Congressman Dave McCurdy was on CBS talking about “very clear evidence of fundamentalist Islamic terrorist groups.”The media, including CNN, joined in the fray.Following the capture of an alleged Oklahoma City bomber, the Washington Post, April 22, 1995, carried a story titled “Muslim’s Burden of Blame Lifts” by Laurie Goodstein and Marylou Tousignant. (Enver Masud, 1995)
(Qn: If the burden has been lifted from Muslims, on whom does it fall? On Christians? )
- When reporting stories of Christians and Jews, the religion is rarely mentioned and they discuss why the culprit did an offence. For Muslims, religion is mentioned and the reader is told the offender is an extremist, fundamentalist or militant.
[Qņ: Can non-Muslim fighters be labeled Christian terrorists? I mean the likes ofCharles Taylor, Alice Lakwena, Joseph Kony, and Edward Rurangaranga (who fueled the Muslim massacre in South Western Uganda1979)]
For the massacre in brief, over 60 Muslims succumbed to death, 27 mosques torched, 45 Muslims houses demolished and Muslims land illegally occupied by the murderers. Justice has never surfaced to date!!!
- Control media houses like CNN, BBC, Fox News, Sky News, to deliver information they want you to hear. E.g. Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade once said, “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.” Fox News’ terrorism “expert” Steve Emerson was caught fabricating the story that Birmingham, England, is closed to non-Muslims. (www.thedailybeast.com)
- On 08.March.2015, As the Israel prime minister Netanyahu addressed America Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) members in America, protesters staged a demonstration outside the Washington convention Centre.These were opposed to Netanyahu’s plans of waging wars against Iran and Palestine. Also, an anti-Netanyahu rally drew crowds to the Tel Aviv city. However, such news was notbroadcasted by CNN,BBC to the world because it was a shame to them. Only Aljazeera, Arabian land and Islamic media organizations gave such information.
The implication to the Muslims is that not whatever is broadcasted on these biased media houses is genuine and worthy of believe.
It should be noted that the Kufar rarely differentiate Islam as religion from the actions of its followers.
When Christians stage armed rebellions, they are guerillas. However, theMuslims are branded as extremists and terrorists? A guerilla group, the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) has been in Northern Uganda for over twenty years and claims to be abiding by the ten commandments. Why are they not described as Christian terrorists or extremists?
Yes, there are Muslims who have committed horrible acts in the name of Islam. We Muslims can make the case that their actions are not based on any part of the faith but on their own political agenda.
- The UN resolutions serve the interests of America.
- Boutros Ghali had to resign because US didn’t like him, thus Koffi Anan came in.
- The UN Security Council passed a resolution authorizing use of force against Iraq and Afghanistan. This contradicts with the UN inaction on long standing disputes e.g.that ofPalestine which is continuing despite passage of the UN resolution. This builds little confidence in less powerful nations when powerful nations possessing nuclear weapons attack weak nations.
- UN ignored the bloodshed in Rwanda just as US paid a deaf ear to the prevailings of the genocide because there were no opportunities of siphoning petroleum.
US spearheaded the topple of the government of Col: Gaddafi (Rah) of Libya due to the elaborate chances of oil thefty.
Implication to the reader. The US only intervenes where there is gain not because of the need to defend human rights as it usually claims in its shout outs.
- Double standards of justice
- US used Iraq for 8 yrs. to fight Iran through Ronald Reagan. After this, Saddam became a monster in the Middle East and Israel complained of his weapons of mass destruction. Though UN inspections in Iraq found no evidence of long range missiles (greater than 90miles) permitted by Gulf war cease fire agreement, but America went ahead to attack Saddam.
Execution of Saddam (Rah) on Idd Adhuha, a festive day for Muslims marked by slaughter of animals, symbolizes the hatred of US towards Islam. These tyrants had an upper hand in the fulfillment of the penalty.
NOTE:- According to the Center for Defense Information, No other country is in the same league of military spending as US. Also, no country in the Middle East has more weapons of mass destruction than Israel and no country has escaped scrutiny of its nuclear arsenal as has Israel.
- During one of the presidential debates of Rosperol, Clinton, and Bush, the latter claimed that Iraqis soldiers invaded some hospital in Kuwait and removed babies from incubators casting them to the floor.
Qņ: If that was a justification for waging war against Saddam, why are monsters like G.Bush and B.Netanyahu behind children’s sufferings in Iraq and Palestine not charged up to date?
- In Uganda, there was acceptation of the return of the corpseof Apollo Milton Obote but the remains of Field Marshal Iddi Amin Dada (Rah) were rejected to date. There are allegations that Amin’s rule overstepped human rights. Let’s be realistic in our opinions, which Ugandan government has never violated human rights?
A regime characterized by striking teargas canisters to people on walk to work demonstrations,torture of demonstrators, battering of journalists and dismantling their equipments , why should one be segregative andgo by the tunes of the whites?
As if that is not enough isn’t Apollo Milton Obote responsible for the 1966 Mengo massacre? Or can we assume thisbloodshed was aimed at “promoting” human rights? Better find other people to blindfold.
- Bishop Luwum’s death in the 70’s up to now brings commentaries about Amin’s government. To date there is commemoration of the Bishop’s death.
Muslims had to lose a total of seven Islamic clerics through assassinationsfor Uganda Police to launch serious investigations.According to the Observer of 31.12.2014, Five were slainin 2012 ;Shk. AbduKarim Ssentamu(April.2012) on William street Kampala,Shk.Abubakar Abbas Kiweewa (Kigejjogejjo)(June.2012) at Kisaasi,Shk. Yunus Abubakar Mudungu and Shk. Muhammad Maganda(Aug.2012) at Masjid Umar Bugiri,Shk. Abdul Jawad Sentunga(Sept.2012) Imam of Masjid salaf Namayemba.Two in 2014; Daktoor. AbdulKadir Muwaya (Dec.2014) of Mayuge andShk. Mustapha Bahiga(Dec.2014) of Bwebajja.
Qn:Are Muslims second class nationals in this country?
- Start wars in the 3rd world countries to benefit from the natural resources, attain markets for their weapons and acquire allies who aid in acquiring resources and markets. They ignite wars between tribes (e.g. in Sierra Leon, Congo, South Sudan, Rwanda) to depopulate the countries. They sell intoxicants like cigarettes to kill you secretly and it’s a pity that someMuslims smoke it despite being Haram.
- They propagate means and habits that lead to spread of HIV/AIDS to ensure that there is a pandemic ailment that depopulates the land of the Blacks.
- Disseminate the Dajjaal system. Dajjaal means to deceive. CNN is the mouth piece of Dajjaal, IMF is the economic wing, UN is the political and NATO is the military wing.
- An Islamic country giving a signature to join UN, World Bank, it’sIslam is incapacitated.
Muhammad 47:25-26, “INA LLAZHINA RTADDA-UW ALAA ADBAARIHIM MIN BA’DI MAATABAYYANA LAHUMUL HUDAA, ASSHAYTWAAN SAWWALA LAHUM WA’MLAALAHUM*ZHAALIKA BI-ANNAHUM QAALUW LILLAZHIINA KARIHUW MAA NAZZALA LLAHU SANUTWII UKUM FIY BA’ZHWI IL AMRI WALLAHU YA’LAMU ISRAARAHUM”
“Those who have turned backas disbelievers after guidance. They say to them,‘we will obey you in part of the matter.’ But Allah knows their secrets”
- Turkey allowed to join NATO to kill fellow Muslims but not the European Economic Community because of the 67 million population, most of whom are youths. These(hypocrites) are worse than Kufaar.
Some Muslims collaborate with infidels to exert negative impacts and torments upon the Muslims. These are not different from Turkey. It’s quite alarming that some shaykhs are allegedly involved in such. This builds little or no confidence among the mustami’u (followers) of weak faith and meagre knowledge.
NISSA 4:145, “INNAL MUNAAFIQIYNA FI DDARQIL ASFAL MINA NNAARI”
“Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth(grade) of fire”
- IMF is used to underrate the country’s currency overnighte.g. when Malaysia complained of an embargo that had been imposed on Bosnia, Yemen refusal to second America.
- Redefined critical terminologies.
- Moderate Arab state-apostate regimes
- Sincere Muslim-fanatic
- Sharia-barbarism, for Muslims to feel shame of their religion
- Hypocrite- civilized Muslim
- All sincere scholars imprisoned. Those that are not, are on pay roll and preach what they want you to hear. Topics like Shahada, Fiqh, Wala wal Bara are not discussed. Print glossy books to divert you.
- Wicked scholars pass weird fataawa e.g. fatwa for establishing US militaryin the Holy land.
This is ridiculous, a Kufar army to give security to the holy land of sacred symbols of Islam???
Nissa 4:144 ‘YAA AYYU HA LLAZHIYNA AAMANUW LAA TATTAKHIDHUL KAAFIRIINA AWLIYAA’A MIN DUWNIL MU’MINIIN’
“Oh you who believe take not disbelievers as protectors or helpers or friends, instead of believers”
As a Muslim, there should be a limit in the way you relate to the Kufar. It’s okay to have non-Muslim friends, but don’t transgress the boundaries of Islam. Some Muslims have ended up with Kufar spouses and I contemplate this verse gets them offside. Why opt for a non-believer as a spouse with the variety of believers?I really wonder what kind of Islamic child upbringing is to be there.
- My humble appeal to the scholars is to deliver teachings of concrete proof Islam. Please do not convey what you think is to earn you favour from the followers. Come down to lower levels and witness, Muslims practices are a total mess. Muslims characterized by scanty knowledge and very weak faiths!!! First analyse the life styles of people before uttering out a ruling.Reflect back at the likes of Ibn Abbas, the four great Imams (AbuHaniifa,Shaafi’e, Hanbal and Maalik), in their spelling out of verdicts to those inquiring. Focus on what suits improvement and upgrading of peoples faiths(Imaan). Wallahu A’lam
- No president unless he supports the Jews. During the meeting of Benjamin Netanyahu, Bill Clinton and Yasser Arafat, Clinton slightly leaned towards Arafat and next day was the burst of the scandal about Monica Lewinsky. If you don’t tell a lie, they blackmail you.
- Keep you hooked on Hollywood movies searching for the latest movies and football which has become a religion.
- Can you imagine the plenty of leagues you watch. There is Europa league, Barclays premier league,champions’ league, F.A cup, Euro cup, Spanish la liga, club world cup, Italian serie A, Copa de Lere, name it. All this helps them to keep you unaware of the society’s political, economic and social status because if you recognize you will rebel.How often would you concentrate on your Deen when hooked to this?
- Sops , love stories, Blue movies and Indian movies (e.g. Saati Phere, Lara Camara) on local TV stations. In these, Ideal love is being promoted yet the actors, artists and the so called celebrities record the highest number of failed marriages. It is really fake to have such as role models for the public. It’s even self-evident that such movies have caused moral degeneration among children and youths and there is a lot of commotion in various families.
- From movies there has been coping of useless practices like tattooing of bodies, dance strokes(B-boy, Ka-Bicycle, Ballet, etc.),indecent dressing (Kundi-shows, Back-shows,mini-skirts, jeans, leggings and Bikinis ) to expose the body morphology for ‘marketing’ purposes in public.
N.B:- IBN UTHAYMEEN(Rah) was questioned on dressing a girl-child in trouser with a hijaab covering. He refuted such a practice basing on hadith in which the prophet cursedanygentwho puts on lady’s garment, and a who lady puts on gent’s garment.
As a Muslim lady,how do you dare have jeans and leggings on, yet a child was stopped?
It’s really absurd that the renown female Muslim garments, ‘Sharia’ as commonly referred to, were baptized Kufurism. Islamic dressings are meant to reserve one’s modesty, but the clothings are ill-fitting, light and exposing the body ‘hills and valleys’ demoting the females to lower grades.
- Aim to depopulate Muslim lands and Africa. Conferences were chaired in Egypt advising girls to delay getting married and first study up to university, use birth control methods, and avoid arranged marriages and rebel against their parents. They say the best marriage is when boy and girl love each other. This has led to increased fornication and adultery cases as well as bastards. No problem with studying up to the university, but it would be better to get married if conditions allow and forego the temptations.
As per the Islamic jurisprudence, the bastards are not meant to inherit property of the ceased father. Don’t blame the Islamic ruling, but condemn yourself for the rank that you established or earned through Zina. In fact, you should shed tears from the bottom of your heart in the courseof asking for forgiveness from Allah.
Sincerely writing, Islam is fair. A product of illicit means can’t have the same rights as that from legal practices.
A number of Muslim elites have beared kids with the Kufar. Moreover through cohabiting.Ofall Muslim bachelors and spinsters, you opt for a Kafir lover, astonishing!!! Imagine a wife composing her glorification lyrics, won’t your children imbibe them and fail to read swalah in future?. She is a template to your kids and puts on jeans, mini-skirts, leggings, name it and expect your children to wear Hijab!!!
Qn:How do you expect a Kafir mum to impart Islamic practices to your toddlers? Isn’t that day dreaming? It seems we are giving in our religion for worldly benefits.Imagine the kind of Islam we shall have some three, four generations to come.
Food for thought: Is your home grooming an upright Muslim or a scholar for tomorrow?
- Promote satanic movements in Muslim lands e.g. Rotary club, Free Manson movement, in which one may be required to demonise his religion. These movements are agents of Dajjaal.
- Promote theory of interfaith. Encouraged by wicked scholars who publish magazines and books discouraging calling Jews and Christians kufaar because they are Abrahamic faiths. An example of such publications is the Nile magazine (can be downloaded as a pdf).
They want Muslim girls to marry kufaar. Don’t want recitation of verses like .
Bayyinah 98:6 “INA LLAZHIINA KAFARUW MIN AHLIL KITAB WAL MUSHRIKIINA FIY NAARI JAHANNAM, UWLAA IKA HUM SHARRUL BARIYYA.”
“Verily those who disbelieve from among the people of the scripture(Jews and Christians) and polytheists will abide forever in the fire of Hell”
Should you recite them, they say you are anti-social and not promoting feelings of interfaith
Strictly writing there is a difference between the Muslim and the Kufar. Allah posed a query in the Holy Quran.
Qalam 68:35-7, “AFANAJ ALUL MUSLIMIINA KAL MUJRIMIIN*MAALAKUM KAYFA TAHKUMUUN*AM LAKUM KITAABUN FIYHI TADRUSUUN”
“Will you put the Muslims at the same level as evil doers?*What is the matter with you? How judge you?*Or have you a Book wherein you learn”
Where do people collect the guts of equating Muslims to the Kufar, yet Allah is opposing such?
N.B:- Muslims can relate to non-Muslims in aspects of business; constructing hospitals,markets,etc; society meetings or development in general. However, issues to do with worship are distinct and there is a boundary.
-We do not worship what they worship, Nor do they worship what we worship . Thus the conclusion is below
Kaafirun 109:6, “ LAKUM DIYNUKUM WALIYA DIYNI”
“To you be your religion, and to me be my religion”
- Kill the young generation because they are spiritually empty. TV programs, Prostitutes, Homosexuals, are role models for our children and not the swahabas or Salaf Swaleh. These shayaatwin are given awards e.g. MJ, Beyoncé, JLO and Mara donna
- Take away moral values and ethicse.g. the famous commit suicide, erotic and murder scenes in movies, taboo things becoming acceptable yet in Islam Spiritually rich are those with Taqwa.
Twaha 20:124 “WAMAN A’RIZHWA AN DHIKR FA INNALAHU MA IYSHATA ZHWANKA WANAHUSHURUHU YAWMAL QIYAAMATI A’MAA”
‘Anyone who abstains from dhkir, I shall make sure he leaves a miserable life, I will raise him blind’
- Talk shows like of Oprah Winfrey, Rick Lee and dating strategies like Be My Date show on NTV, Mystery dates in Daily Monitor of Uganda and Blind datesaim at crimes like adultery, fornication. People brag of these illicit actions.
- White supremacy.G8 members allow groups collect funds for Israelites for waging weapons against Palestinians but organizations soliciting for funds for Mujahidin are branded as aiding terrorism.
- Halloween night celebration. This is a spirits night observed on 31st October in Europe,and has unfortunately been copied by the Africans. The difference between the so called elites and their ancestors who were polytheists is more or less the same. Where are we heading? Copy and paste, then embrace without pondering about what has been brought?At least our ancestors had a sense of reasoning, but we!!!
In 2012, it was honoured by a clique of Ugandans in Jjinja and Bukedde newspaper carried an article tittled “Olunaku lwemizimu Lucamudde abe Jjinja” literally meaning ‘The Spirits Night Thrills Revelers in Jjinja ’
In 2013, Halloween night was observed in Kampala and on 03.Nov.2013, the Observer carried an article “Halloween night takes Kampala by storm” by Felix Eupal . Below is a photo showing how revelers mimic the spirits as adopted from the observer . These are also daughters of human beings, amazing!!!.
- Some university students of bizarre practices like undressing and doing exercises plus domestic work naked. The cognitive maturity of these, bears a question mark. They see the whites as demi-gods and mistakenly imitate them. Funny large neck fashion blouses are also worn by fashion designers majority of whom are campusers. For long, these clothings have been regarded as misfits but today, it’s quite astonishing to people who understand. It’s a pity that the less educated value citizens at higher institutions of learning not knowing that they underrate themselves. What’s the cause for respecting a person of no dignity in him or her?
- Left a problem wherever they colonizede.g. Kashmir between Pakistan and India, Palestine and Israel, Sudan, Greece and Turkey fight over Cyprus, Uganda central government and traditional kingdoms
- Spread non-Divine groupse.g. Ahmadiyyah, Bidi-aat sects, etc. of little or no proper Aqiyda. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the master mind of the Ahmadiyyah ranked himself as a prophet and messiah. The basis of this sect contradicts with the first pillar of Islam, the Shahaada. A proper Muslim bears witness that he believes in Allah and the lastof all prophets, Muhammad (saw). How can one dare come up as a prophet after the seal of Muhammad saw)?
For Bid’aa sects,they observe innovations and new matters which were not of the prophet (saw) and the Salaf Swaleh. Islam is complete and no need of jumping out of bed with new ideas for it.
A’isha (R.a) said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “Anyone who introduces an innovation in this affair of ours which is not part of it, it will be rejected.” [Muttafaqun alayhi]
Some Muslims camouflage and have gone ahead to embrace festive days and celebrations meant for the Kufar.
For example Christmas day, Easter/Pasca,New year’s day, Birth days, Valentine’s day, etc. All these have clear rulings and teachings. Muslims actions on such days are checked bythe hadith below.
The Prophet (saw) said: “Whoever imitates people is one of them.” (Ahmad,2/50; Abu Dawood, 4021)
Have it in mind that people you are imitating were declared disbelievers by Allah(s.w) Himself.
MA’IDAH 5:72, LAQAD KAFARA LLAZHIYNA QAALU INNA LLAHA HUWAL MASIYHU BUN MARYAM
“Surely, they have disbelieved who say: ‘Allah is Messiah(Isa), the son of Maryam.”
MA’IDAH 5:73, LAQAD KAFARA LLAZHIYNA QAALU INNA LLAHA THALITHU THALAATHA
“Surely, disbelievers are those who said, ‘Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).’ ” The trinity in this refers to God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit as commonly recited by the Christians.
Here comes the knockoutpunch, from the Qur’an: Allah says: “And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them. It is they for whom there is an awful torment.” [Al ‘Imran 3:105]
- Empowerment and publicizing of the devil worshippers cult, Illuminati, the game of conspiracy.
- These claim the ‘god’ of the world is Lucifer. The lucifers know the mind control through the music you listen to. Michael Jackson(MJ) was a victim of mind control.
- Spiritually empty and second immoral acts like homosexuality or Lesbianism Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT). Union of couples is done in churches by priests though it’s contrally to the teachings of their deficient scripture, the Bible.
- This cult has swallowed the known personalities. Politicians like the late Nelson Mandela of SouthAfrica ; Presidents of America, Ronald Reagan, Bush; Royal family of England, the crown prince William and queen Elizabeth ; Vibrant Singers like Jay-z, Eminem, Rick Ross, Kanye West, Beyoncé, MJ,and Rihanna ; and Sports men, e.t c
- Use signs like pyramid eye(this is the key sign), devil horn and the number of the beast (i.e. 666) among others. These signs are portrayed by artists in their music videos.
N.B:-please stop projecting your fingers anyhowly thinking it’s some sort of being swaggerific
- Churches like New Jersey cathedral USA, Methodist church in Texas USA, Vatican cathedral in Vatican city, Cao Dai church in Vietnam and some hospital in USA have the key sign embedded in their main entrance doors, gates and windows.
- Photos next from left to right and down are; devils sign hand signal, the number of the beast, eternal flame(you must have seen in some movies), devils pyramid hand symbol, pyramid eye, triple six hand symbol, pyramid eye and finally the Satan hand symbol.
Next, celebrities from left to right and down are; Former US presidents Bush and Clinton (devil horn sign), Pope Paul 11, Rihanna, Angela Merkel a Germany diplomat, Adolf Hitler, Kanye West ,Beyoncé, a sports man Giant Cruz and Jay-z(Roc sign).
Home work:-Beware of Ugandans accused of being or claiming to be subscribers of this Satanic cult. Try to name them and caution others of them. These Mushrikun worship deities besides Allah and this is Shirk.
These are typical Mushrikun and a Muslim shouldn’t be in admiration of any of them. For Muslims involved in association of partners in the worship of Allah, should have it in mind that Allah will have no compromise for a Muslim who dies in the state of Shirk.
NISSA 4:116, “INNALLAAHA LAA YAGHFIR ANYUSHRAKA BIHI, WAYAGHFIR MAADUWNA ZHAALIKA LIMAN YASHAAU, WAMAN YUSHRIK BILLAHI FAQAD ZHWALLA ZHWALAALAN BA IYDA”
“Verily, Allah forgives not setting up partners with Him, but He forgives whom He wills sins other than that, and whoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, has indeed strayed far away”
In another verse of same first wordings, NISSA 4:48, Allah said, “………….FAQAD FTARAA ITHMAN ADHIYMA”
“………………he has indeed invented a tremendous sin”
Shirk takes one out of the fold of Islam and thus nullifies one’s Islam. Among the seven cardinal sins, it is ranked number one. I have not learned of a major sin worse than Shirk. Thus, distance yourself from it and caution others.Take note of quack shaykhs who apply shirk techniques in the Ruqya therapy. Find out the different types of Shirk from a genuine Imam or shaykh.
To safe guard our religion from being corrupted by the NWO catastrophe, we must install the anti-virus software in our programs and these include the following;
- Force ourselves implement what we learn from Islamic teachings because it is the only way to Jannah. No religion is known to Allah besides Islam, Other religions won’t be accepted on the day of recompense. Non-Muslims have no proof that they will ascend to Jannah.
Imraan 3:19, INNA DDIYNA INDA LLAHI AL ISLAAM
“Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam.”
Imraan 3:85, WAMAN YABTAGHI GHAYRAL ISLAAMI DIYNA FALAN YUQBALA MINHU WAHUWA FIL AAKHIRAATI MINAL KHASIRIIN
“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
Bayyinah 98:7-8, INNA LLAZHIYNA AAMANUW WA AMIRUW SWALIHATI ULAAIKA HUM KHAIRUL BARIYYAH* JAZAA UHUM INDA RABBIHIM JANNATU ADNIN TAJRIY MIN TAHTIHAR ANHAR, KHAALIDIYNA FIYHA ABADA RAZHWIYALLAHU ANHUM WARAZHWU ANHU, ZHAALIKA LIMAN KHASHIYA RABBA
“Verily, those who believe and do righteous good deeds, they are the best of creatures. Their reward with Allah is paradise……..”
Baqarah 2:111 WAQAALU LAYAD KHULAL JANNATA ILLA MAN KAANA HUUDAN AW NASWAARA, TILKA AMANIYYUHUM, QUL HAATU BURHAANAKUM IN KUNTUM SWADIQIIN
“And they say, ‘None shall enter paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian.’ These are their own desires. Say,(O, Muhammad(saw)) ‘Produce your proof if you are truthful.’ ”
- Seek for credible proof that originates from the Book of Allah, Traditions of the prophet and the recommendations of the salaf Swaleh for whatever is practiced in Islam and distance yourself from Bidi’aa acts like celebration of birthday of the Prophet (saw)[Mauled]. Have credible Islamic scholars from whom you consult the sameway you have a family doctor, engineer, mechanic,etc.
- Minimise pretense.Muslims tend to be cautious of Islamic teachings in presence of scholars but in absence of scholars they act contrally to Islame.g. hugging, shaking hands, sitting next to non-mahrams, etc.Are you worshipping Allah or the scholars?
- Seek for knowledge and spread. Propagate Islamic teachings to Muslims and non-Muslims. Non-Muslims can be given literature or audio/video lectures inviting them towards Islam. Muslims lacking Islamic knowledge can as well be donated to Islamic literature. As an individual spread what you know about Islam and sit not back when Muslims are undergoing agony and oppression. Try to find a solution.
- . Islamise the modernity and not modernizing Islam. Spice Islam in the daily lives and spending of your leisure time.
- Avoid watching evangelistic shows and Nigerian movies full of magic. If done perpetually, it erodes one’s Imaan. Due to limited knowledge, the fabricated miracles of pastor so and so will be a cause for Shayaatwin to convince you that there are no miracles in Islam.
Did you know that the Kitaab we read is a healing?, Allah mentions in the Holy Qur’aan,
Isra 17:82, “WANUNAZZILU MINAL QUR’AAN MAA HUWA SHIFAA UN WARAHMATUN LIL MU’MINIYN”
“And We send down of the Qur’aan that which is a healing and mercy to those who believe”
- Let Darasas be part of you and spend not a day without learning something about Islam, listen to Islamic lectures recorded on CDs and DVDs
- Search for Islamic literature and lectures from Islamic bookshops and genuine Islamic websites like (www.islamicline.com)
- Gents should limitdefense of illicit marital relations using (NISSA 4:3). This Ayah is meant for legal marital relations and not Zina (fornication, adultery)
- All Muslims should revise their relationships so that they run in line with practices of the Salaf Swaleh and Islamic teachings.
Cohabitation. However much you’ve been togetherfor decades and harvested tens of children, it is not allowed in Islam and regarded as Zina (fornication, adultery).
- Acts of seducing and persuading relatives into fornication due to bribes from wicked gents and ladies should be revised. Don’t be taken up by cheap things to disobey your Creator.
Baqarah 2:268 , “ASSHAYTWAAN YA IDUKUMUL FAQRAAU WAYA’MURKUM BIL FAHSHAAI WALLAHU YA IDUKUM MAGHFIRATAN MINHU WAFADHLA WALLAHU WAASI UN ALIIM”
“The devil threatens you with poverty and orders you commit evil deeds whereas Allah promises you Forgiveness from Himself and Bounty, Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower
N.B:-Any sex before marriage is illegal. Claiming that you’ll get married afterwards is no reason to defend such illicit relations. No compromise, it’s HARAAM, HARAAM and strictly HARAAM
- Let’s embrace and support the Da’wa and educative shows on Islamic TV stations (Peace TV ,Islamic Channel ,Al-Jazeera, etc.) and Islamic radio stations (Voice of Africa radios in Africa as in general,107.9 Pearl FM Uganda,etc.)
- did you know that,Knowing the problem is half a solution?
IBN AHMADAH(Rah) said, “If one is knowledgeable and aware of it, he’s a scholar thus learn from him; If one is knowledgeable and not aware, he’s just forgetful therefore remind him; If one is unknowledgeableand aware of it, he’s a student, help him learn; If one isunknowledgeable and not aware, he’s a Jaahil run away from him because he might give you a blow in the course of explaining to him.”
ZZUMARA 39:9, “….QUL HAL YASTAWI LLAZHIYNA YA’LAMUWNA WALLAZHIYNA LAA YA’LAMUWN, INNAMA YATAZHAKKAL ULUL ALBAABI ”
“…..Say, ‘Are those who know equal to those who know not? ‘It is only men of understanding who will remember(i.e. get a lesson from Allah’s Signs and Verses)”
Last word:I humbly call upon the scholars to study the dilemma of the society and filter the rulings before unleashing what may mislead or guide the followers. Please do, for the betterment of this religion.May Allah grant us understanding and bless us all. Aamin, Aamin, Aamin
- Shaykh Abdullah Faisal (Imam Jamaikee), The New World Order: Audio lectures on http://www.islamicline.com
- Enver Masud (April,1995) The New World Order; THE WAR ON ISLAM
- Prof: Abbas Kiyimba, The 1979 Muslim genocide in South Western Uganda;IS THE 1979 MUSLIM BLOOD–BATH IN BUSHENYI HISTORY?
- Dean Obeidallah(01.14.2015),Out of proportion. Are all terrorists Muslims? It’s not even close. onwww.dailybeast.com
ARE LEGGINGS AND JEANS ISLAMIC? WHAT IS THE SCHOLARLY VIEW REGARDING THEM?
In a good faith, lets embrace the saying which goes, ‘‘Islamise the modernity but don’t modernise Islam.’’ In other words, don’t compromise your Ddiyn for the sake of this worldly life. For any dress to qualify as islamically legal, it should bear specified qualities and some of these are;
- Should be long enough to cover your body nakedness as per the Islamic point of view.
- Should be thick. (Not light or See-through).
- Should not be tight. (Ill fitting).
Back to the tittle, there are these so called leggingswhich are on rampage among the Muslim fraternity. Guess what, “armings” might be on the way or already on market. A combination of the two shall lead to absolute chaos. At times, they are supplemented by an over cloth (full dress) but on some occasions, you find ladies posing in Punjabis. Surely, these Punjabis might be misleading mankind. Some tight fit the ladies just like leggings do and you really wonder. You find a sister putting on leggings or tight Jeans and then a Punjabi. And it is so outrageous for those who substitute Punjabis with blouses or T-shirts. Have you seen the “beeping breasts” fashion? Hhhmm…hmm, whom are the breasts beeping?
There are instances where the over garment (dress) is ill fitting (tight) putting the entire body morphology (from shoulders to the hips region) on display. But what are you exposing besides Fitinah (temptation)? And you may not even be able to withstand, unless when you have a hidden agenda. Hygienically, if not health wise, tight wear is the cause of stinking for the different body zones. Why? Sweat and other fluids pile there for the whole day and the fresh air that would blow the funny stench from such areas is cut-off, thus an odour wails!!!
There are situations where the over garments are see through and one is forced to ponder over what is prevailing in this Ummah. What are these individuals trying to insinuate into Islam? Sincerely speaking, any Muslim of sober mind keeps wondering and phrasing a number of questions. Is this a new fashion of Hijaab? Is it a sort of dressing being baptised into Islam? Aren’t the top scholars in the country watching this menace? What uniform voice do they have to say on such an astonishing fashion?
There could be sessions where preachers talk about this, but the reality is, we need a uniform voice on this. It seems like teachings on proper dress code were left for some group of shaykhs. One may look at it as exaggeration, but have you been keen enough to analyse the ladies you come across on the streets? At least three out of five (3/5) have leggings if not miniskirts on.
What measures have been taken to curb this among the Muslims? There could be need to sensitise importers of Islamic garments as well. The fortunate side of it is that majority are Muslims. Guess you’ve heard of a fitting sharia as it is normally referred to. Surely, does this garment apply as far as Islam is concerned?
In most cases, the veiling accompanies the quite embarrassing attires so as to baptise the fashion as Islamic. Thanks a lot for the veils MAA SHA ALLAH, but the rest of your attires force an informed Muslim to raise a number of questions.
Aren’t these leggings and jeans subjected to the hadith quoted below?
HADITH: Abu Hurayra (R.A) said, “The Messenger of Allah (S.A.W), cursed any man who wears women’s clothes and any woman who wears men’s clothes.” [Abu Dawud] or[Riyaadh Saliheen, No.1632]
To a bigger extent, they are. Why? Look at the layout of leggings, jeans and the like. You will actually realise that the aspect of the design for these resembles that of a trouser which is a typical masculine garment. Alteration of elasticity and the trademark does not necessarily confer legality to these so-called Leggings.
May Allah guide you and use the hadith below to rectify your dress code otherwise we may need serious incantations for elimination of such an innovation.
HADITH: Abu Hurayra (R.A) reported that the Messenger of Allah(S.A.W), said, “There are two categories among the people of the Fire that I have not seen: people who have whips like the tails of cattle with which they beat people, and women who are both dressed and naked, who are deviant and make others deviant. Their heads resemble the humps of Bactrian camels. They will not enter the Garden nor even smell its scent, and its scent can be discerned at such-and-such a distance.” [Muslim, Book 40 – No.6840]
In Imaam An-Nawawi’s Riyaadh Saliheen, the commentary below was made on the above Hadith; The meaning of “dressed” is having Allah’s blessing and “naked” is lacking thankfulness for it. It is said that it means that they cover part of their body and expose part of it to display their beauty. It is said that they wear thin garments which show the body, “Deviant” means that they decline to obey Allah and what they are commanded to guard. “Making others deviant” means that they teach others to behave like them. It is said that “deviant” actually means to walk in a conceited manner, swinging the shoulders. It is also said that it refers to hairstyle used by prostitutes. “Their heads resemble the humps of Bactrian camels” refers to making them large by turbans and the like.”(A commentary on Hadith No.1633)
It’s a pity that the evils and shameful fashions prophesised in that Hadith have been fulfilled by the Muslims without fear of torments in the Hereafter. A’UUDHU BILLAH.
In conclusion, it would be much more appropriate for the ladies to revive the tradition of wearing undergarments known as Petticoats than resorting to leggings and jeans that compromise their Ddiyn and even dignity as Muslims. Petticoats are there in plenty in boutiques for Islamic wear.
Both gents and ladies should ensure that their garments meet the qualities mentioned in the first paragraph. WALLAHU A’ALAM.
May Allah guide us all and endow us with the right understanding. Aamin, Aamin, Aamin.
By: MUKIIBI YUSUFU Jr. AL-KIBIBI
Lungujja – Kampala (UG)
BY: MUKIIBI YUSUFU Jr. AL-KIBIBI
Lungujja – Kampala (UG)
Are Leggings, Miniskirts and all the tight wears genuine supplements to garments or derails to the ladies modesty?
When it comes to dressing, every corner of Uganda has sniffed a scent of indecency. Karamoja region would be exclusive, but in this arena, the natives are the pioneers. The contagious epidemic disease of nudeness to which nobody is concerned, seems to devour every where. Eehh ehh, even centres of worship? And you’ll hear an allegation on the devil.
The cultural institutions are messed up. No one is bothered about the scandalous attires of the subjects. But why would this happen? Even in places regarded as sacred to the monarchies? Naked, I mean half-naked artists and the celebrated leaders that join them on platforms are the worst templates to society.
For the sake of sincerity, tight wear of the sorts of leggings, jeans and the ILL-fitting whatever isn’t sensible dressing. These are typical peelable skins. They do outline one’s morphology beyond imagination. See-through garments are more than just screens. Who cares?
With ladies of the working class, it’s terror. They’ve turned into tempting stalks. They regularly check on fellow workmates by putting on mini-skirts and skimpy dresses that expose their ‘thigh-land’. And you’ve witnessed them struggle to pull down miniskirts so as to cover the already displayed nudity. It’s tremendously stupefying that whenever such people are communicating to gents, they prefer bending over tables and swinging their waists, opposed to proper standing. Whoever glances at them, has the eyes flashed by nasty snaps. No doubt, this is gross seduction. Much sympathy goes to gents. Indeed, they are over tempted. Imagine a company of at least 40-50 % female workers; they’ll compete over who markets better. A variety of figures are put on display. Guess what, even figures meant to be hidden in blanket-like attires are exposed!!! After all, nobody cares.
Unlike for the males, females are known to shower daily. However, there are those you’ll find stinking. It’s simply because the tight wear keeps sweat and other fluids piled in that particular zone. The fresh air that would blow the area regularly for the whole day is cut-off. Consequently, a horrible stench does the ululation. But who cares?
Some grownups, I mean aged ladies, are nuisances to this nation. What is it that they missed in the youthhood and would want to achieve through tight wear this late? They allow age mates of their children to estimate the size of their organs!!! What is it with leggings? And for disciplined ladies who direct not their offsprings on appropriate wear are doing a disservice to the upcoming generation. Unfortunately, some parents have no moral authority to guide children.
Last week on Namirembe road, I witnessed drama of a woman (dressed in a beeping style) walking down town with her daughter (about 10 yrs old). Two men by the roadside whistled and then called out to her “Ggwe Ddeemu Leeta Wano Ekitone”. I speculate shortage of English terms to exhaustively translate this. Another one approached her from the back, tapped and lamented on her butt. Like a furious roaring lion, she instead diverted the temper to her daughter. Thumped her for gazing at what isn’t her concern and ordained speeding up. Whoever, cared rotated his/her head perplexedly. A one courageous lady counterblasted and fired retaliating insults, probably on behalf of the oppressed girl.
The question is, if mummy attracts men to approach her lousily, how will she help save the child from such? All the rotten despicable conduct lies before the child’s sight and she’s learning as well. In case such a daughter engages in funny affairs, will the mother be in position to guide or blame? Besides pretence, surely is there a locus standi for such a parent to offer the needful?
With the Anti-Pornography Bill of 2013, the ethics minister seemed to have vigour of banning miniskirts though later on retracted his remarks. He might have done so, probably basing on the hierarchical threats or political grounds. However, there is need to re-amend the bill if sanity of this country is to be restored. Leave alone the multi-possessed guitarists who wickedly opposed it. Believe it or not, the appealing dressing contributes to the rate of wenching and spread of STI’s especially among opportunists. And there are higher chances of non-safe sexual intercourse. In fact, this re-branded form of prostitution further explains why prostitutes dress appetizingly.
Shameful wear never renders one worthy a spouse or partner, rather a potential material fit for dumping. Who admires to be junk? Hey, let’s be Africans objected to the wicked lifestyles.
It’s only in this era of discrepancies when some Ugandans are quite astounding. In 2007, a lady masterminded the anti-Mabira giveaway riot. In 2012, ladies undressed before police protesting its assault arrest of a one so-called activist. Just last year, female politicians demonstrated and criticised police for stripping some madam. After all that, the Mabira giveaway project was put on a halt and for the rest of the scenarios, the Police had to apologise.
With such human resource that sounds effective, why is it just staring at the indecency in the country? Isn’t indecency demeaning the feminine gender? Surely, is the feminine dignity reserved? Some politicians have turned to be number one enemies to Ugandans. Apart from a few, majority never guide citizens where they go wrong. Why do they do this? First of all, it’s because votes are a priority. Secondly, a clique of them are somehow immoral and on certain occasions dress weirdly. This clarifies why they are not in position to contradict with their typical lifestyles. And thus, we’ve tomorrow’s generation buried too early. Who cares?
May be, some theory shall have to be adopted and it goes, “Any sort of deliberate nakedness is holy but once the police is involved, it’s obscene!”Aargh…aargh, what a pity for our motherland Uganda!
In conclusion, the suggestion would be, if the government and police responded accordingly to the above incidents, why don’t we, as blacks whose cultures emphasise decency, petition the parliament to table a bill on dress code?
The Deputy Imam of the National Mosque Shk. Juma Ali Shiwuyo has expressed deep concern over the continued targeting of prominent Muslim clerics all over Uganda especially as the country prepares for Presidential and general elections.
Sheikh Ali Shiwuyo raised the concern while delivering the Khutubah/sermon for last Friday’s Juma Prayers at the UMSC Headquarters Old Kampala.
He specifically urged the police leadership to treat the issue of targeting and trailing Muslim clerics as a matter of priority.
“I call upon all those responsible for the safety of Ugandans to ensure that our Sheikhs are safe” Sheikh Ali said.
The Imam also called upon those who lost in the just concluded NRM primaries (Kamyufu) to concede defeat noting that leaders are chosen and removed by Allah.
“The NRM primaries have taught us that however rich or powerful you are, if you do not serve the people, Allah has the power to replace you with another leader using any means” said Sheikh Ali.
He thus called upon Muslims not to rebel against leaders but to pray for them and obey them because they are leaders by the will of Allah.
The Juma prayers were led by Sheikh Hussein Rajab Kakooza, the first Imam of the National Imam.
His Eminence the Mufti of Uganda Sheikh Shaban Ramadhan Mubaje and Hon. Issa Kikungwe were part of the congregation.
Haji Nsereko Mutumba
Public Relations Officer
Uganda Muslim Supreme Council
Tel: 0701409504 or 0772409504
By Hajji Nsereko Mutumba
Hajji Salongo Hassan Kibirige was born on November 18th 1918 at Kayini in Kasawo – Gombolola Mutuba 6 (Sub County), Ssaza Kyaggwe (County) current Mukono District.
His parents were; Haji Musa Kakande Magala, a prominent landlord in the areas of Kawempe and Bwaise who belonged to the Ngeye clan and Princess Fatuma Kyobula.
His father and mother died when he was 6 and 8 years old respectively. He had one brother and two sisters.
Hassan Kibirige never acquired secular education. He was however well grounded in Islamic knowledge which he learnt from prominent clerics like Sheikh Kassim Ssemwanje and Sheikh Islam Kulumba among others. He first acquired Islamic lessons in Nakanyonyi (Naggalama).
Despite the fact that he never acquired formal secular education, he knew its importance and educated all his children to university levels. However, before he passed on, he had learnt some English from Prof. Umar Kasule, one of his sons.
In 1943, he married his first wife Hamiida Nalweyiso (the late) of Lugave clan. He nicknamed her ‘Kabiite’ meaning the dear one.
He later married Asiyati Nanziri (the late), Mayimuna Nabagereka and Jane Nannozi.
Haji Kibirige had 22 children, 13 daughters and 9 sons plus many grand children including Brother Abbey Semuwemba, the founder of the popular Uganda at Heart and Uganda Muslim Brothers and Sisters online platforms.
Thirteen of his children are medical doctors while others have master’s degrees and PHDs in various disciplines. In total, there are over 70 degree holders among his off springs i.e. children, grandchildren and great grand children).
HAJI KIBIRIGE THE PARENT TEACHER
Haji Kibirige never took his children to Kindergarten. He instead used this period to groom his children at especially in morals, hard work and Islamic/Quran studies. From home, they went straight to Primary one. He however never took his children to boarding schools until they reached the secondary level.
He visited his children both in local and foreign schools to check on their progress and to moral ‘boost them’. As a result, he visited several countries including United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada and several Arab Countries.
THE LIGHT SIDE OF HAJI KIBIRIGE
In addition to being a strict disciplinarian, Haji Kibirige was a jovial person with a sense of humour. His grandchildren always jumped at an opportunity to spend time with him.
His strongest weapon against indiscipline was constant reference to the Holy Quran and Hadith. His cane rarely came out.
He enjoyed sweet things and according to those who were close to him, he was a great lover of ice cream and sweet foods like sweet potatoes, Pumpkins, sweet bananas, Gonja and pawpaws among others.
He enjoyed sharing meals with others and he was very hospitable to visitors. As a result, his home was always full of life.
HIS CONTRIBUTIONS TO ISLAM/SOCIETY
Haji Kibirige teamed up with his colleague Ali Musisi and they established Kamuli Muslim Primary School. When the school gained prominence with Haji Kibirige as the Chairman PTA, he approached the then Senior Education Officer Haji Ramadhan Gava (the late) from the Ministry of Education and requested for a secondary school. His request was granted.
He was one of those who started Seguya Memorial Technical School in Bugerere. He was involved in the planning, construction and its opening in 1989.
Haji Kibirige played a key role in the establishment of Kangulumira Coffee growers in Kisega Bugerere. When the cooperative was in place, he was requested by his fellow directors to serve as a factory Manager. He later rose to the position of Managing Director, a position he served for 35 years.
He served as a PTA member for Kibuli Senior Secondary School and later as the Chairman PTA.
In 1967-70, Haji Kibirige served as Owe Ssaza Kasujju in Busujju County.
He also served as Owe Ssaza Luwekula in Mubende country from 1970-73.
Haji Kibirige also served as a Gombolola (Sub County) Chief for Bulera in Musaale – Singo.
He once served King Mutesa II’s Ssaza (County) council representative in Nabweru Sub-county; Kyadondo County.
He was one of those given the responsibility to look after the children and properties of Haji Musa Kasule of Wandegeya.
HAJI KIBIRIGE A BUSINESSMAN
Haji Kibirige began as a cattle trader. He used to buy cows from Nakasongola and sold them in Kampala. He however gave up trading from Nakasongola after one of the cows he had bought knocked him and left him with serious injuries. He resorted to buying cows from around Kampala and selling them to abattoirs.
Haji Kibirige was a very successful farmer. In the 1960s, he bought a large piece of land in Bugerere (over 80 acres). He grew coffee, Cotton, bananas and pineapples. By the time of his passing, he had 10 acres of eucalyptus trees. In 2009, he planted 200 eucalyptus trees.
He once had a farm of 200 Frisian cows and 600 local cows. His neighbours nicknamed him ‘mulaalo’ meaning a cattle keeper.
Haji Kibirige had buses that operated in Kayunga, Kangulumira in Bugerere and Jinja in Busoga. He later bought Lorries that were used by the Coffee Growers Union.
He had several other vehicles but these were strictly for business. He used public means for most of his travels. He however preferred the front seat whenever he opted for a ride in his cars so that he could give instructions to whoever was driving.
In all his businesses, he employed many people and supported many Islamic projects.
Haji Kibirige had buildings in Kawempe, Kisenyi, Bwaise and Mengo.
During his leisure time, Haji Kibirige used to go hunting for Guineafowls (enkofu).
He stopped hunting after some time but he kept his hunting guns and paid for their licenses until his death.
Haji Kibirige was not a fun of politics but being a rich and prominent figure, he never escaped the torment of dirty politics. He lost some of his children and he was almost killed together with his wife in 1995 under suspicious circumstances.
Dedication to Islam
Haji Kibirige was highly dedicated to his religion. He established regular prayers, paid zakat, gave swadaka, performed Hajji, recited the Quran and prayed for the dead on a regular basis. He contributed generously to Islamic causes both materially and morally.
Tribute from One of his Grand Children
Brother Abbey Semuwemba started living with Haji Hassan Kibirige when he was 7 months old, following the death of his father. He described him as follows;
“This man loved almost everybody in his family and cared for all those he met in his life. Though I was nicknamed ‘Sukali wa Haji’ (Haji Kibirige’s sugar) by our grand mum, I believe Haji loved all of us equally. I only had a special connection with him because I saw him as my model in everything”.
“May Allah forgive him for whatever went wrong, bless him with light and grant him paradise. To Allah we come and to him we return” Concluded Haji Hassan Kibirige’s cherished grandson Abbey Kibirige Semuwemba.
Haji Kibirige’s friends
He had many friends but among them, the following were very special;
Al Haji Musa Kasule of Wandegeya
Bumaali Kasule – his uncle who took care of him following the death of his father Haji Musa Kakande.
Prince Badru Kakungulu – gave him a piece of land after excelling in Quran competitions.
Eriasafi Kiguba – the one who advised Haji Kibirige to take his children to secular schools (Amasomero gabazungu).
Eng. Dr. Badru Kiggundu the E.C Chairperson and the late Haji Sulaiman Kiggundu the Former Governor Bank of Uganda and Founder of Greenland Bank hold special position in the Kibirige family having married Hajat Nuliat Babirye and Hajat Rehmah Kibirige Kiggundu respectively – both daughters to Haji Kibirige. Other prominent in-laws to the Kibirige family are Haji Abbas Kawaase the long serving headmaster of Kibuli S.S who married Sophia Kibirige and Haji Juma Sebuliba of Union who married Lukiya Kibirige.
In conclusion, we see Haji Hassan Kibirige as an educational zealot, an activist who loved his King, a patriot who loved and cherished his nation, a disciplinarian who cared for the welfare of his family and finally an accomplished revolutionary.
So thumbs up for Haji – I mean brother Abbey Semuwemba for having a heroic Grandfather. Hon. Haji Basaalirwa, don’t get me wrong, I do not mean the other thumb of.
Indeed Haji Hassan Kibirige is a hero though unsung.
Wait for part two.
Abbey Semuwemba and other members of the Uganda Community in Leeds attended the Buganda Conference of Ugandan Community in Manchester (UCOMM) on Saturday 14 November,2015 to celebrate the appointment of Mr. Enock Kiyaga as Buganda’s Representative in North East England. The speeches part of the conference was followed by a delicious Ugandan meal, paper political quiz, poems by children, giving gifts and dancing!
Abbey won the quiz contest and he was given the biggest prize of the day: 7 tins of paint, kitchen items and other decorations.
Abbey also met a few of the members of the Uganda Muslim Brothers and Sisters(UMBS) at the conference including the leader of the Muslim community in the UK,Kasimu Muguluma, and the husband to the chairman of the UCOMM. Kasimu was also recently appointed as one of the Kabaka’s representatives in the London.
The late Dr.Kiwanuka of Manchester was honored at the conference by presenting a certificate to his wife and children for his contribution towards the community and his country Uganda. Sheikh Kalantani gave a background speech about the late Kiwanuka.
‘I one time went to visit him at his house while he was sick but he told me to go back and bring the kids. He told me that its important that our kids get to know one another before his death.He said that he would like Allah to give him at least 3 more months to enable him to teach his kids the quran…… And after 3 months, that’s when he died’, Sheikh Kalantani said.
”Dr.Kiwanuka had started up a scholarship to sponsor one medical Uganda student every year, but it ended with his death,” Kalantani added.
In his own words, Abbey said:’All the speeches were awesome particularly that of the UCOMM chairperson’s. I think Ms.Rehema Kawooya is today’s best model for aspiring Uganda women chair ladies in the UK.She combines a take-charge persona with engaging spontaneity and zest for life……. Notice to all Men, wake up and smell the Coffee.”
UCOMM is a charity started by Ugandans living in Manchester and it is committed to promoting the general well-being of all beneficiaries who are of Black and Minority Ethnic groups. Mr. Enock Kiyaga works as its secretary while Rehema works as its chair person and she is the only Muslim on its executive.
There was a man named `Abdullah who loved Allah and His Messenger so much that the Prophet (peace be upon him) had to declare about him:
“Indeed, he loves Allah and His Messenger.” (Al-Bukhari)
This man named `Abdullah so loved the Prophet (peace be upon him) that he used to delight in presenting the Prophet with any delicacy that came to Madinah, so when any merchant caravan arrived with something like butter or honey, he would take it for him as a gift.
Later, when the seller demanded payment, `Abdullah would bring the seller to the Prophet and say: “Give this man its price.”
The Prophet (peace be upon him) would then say: “Didn’t you give it to me as a gift?”
`Abdullah would say: “Yes, O Messenger of Allah; however I cannot afford to pay.”
The two of them would laugh together and then the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have the merchant paid.
This was the type of close and jovial relationship that `Abdullah and the Prophet had with each other.
It remains to be said that `Abdullah was an alcoholic.
He would often become so drunk that he had to be brought staggering through the streets before the Prophet (peace be upon him) to be sentenced for public drunkenness, and each time, the Prophet would rule to have the prescribed punishment carried out. This was a common occurrence.
After `Abdullah had departed from one of these all too frequent sentencings, one of the Companions said about `Abdullah: “O Allah curse him! How often he is summoned for this!” The Prophet (peace be upon him) rebuked that Companion, saying:
“Do not curse him, for I swear by Allah, if you only knew just how very much indeed he loves Allah and His Messenger.” (Al-Bukhari)
He then added:
“Do not help Satan against your brother.”
We can learn a lot from the Prophet’s attitude.
We should reflect first upon the close and affectionate relationship this Companion enjoyed with the Prophet (peace be upon him), in spite of this Companion’s shameful fault.
Though the Prophet (peace be upon him) was who he was, it did not prevent him from relating to `Abdullah in a familiar manner, of being his friend, and joking with him.
In fulfillment of a longstanding dream, Muslims in Uganda have launched the country’s first-ever Islamic television channel, with the hope that it will ignite a revival of their faith subsequent to years of Muslim voices being silenced in mainstream media.Despite having several Islamic radio stations in the country, the demand for an Islamic TV channel had intensified over the years.The dream came to fruition on June 10, 2015, just before Ramadan, when Muslims in Uganda were treated to the news of the first ever Islamic television programming in the country.
In the photo is– L-R Al-Hajji Abdul Karim Kalisa the Managing Director Salam TV and Shaban Menya the head of Daawah.After launch of the Islamic TV channel, Kalisa led a campaign to refurbish the oldest Qur’an school in the country, known as Lukalu, which was founded in the Butambala District in Central Uganda.Since then organizers have collected over $141,000 through fundraising, and construction is now on the horizon.
The TV channel and Qur’an school were urged to restore the true image and teachings of Islam in Uganda.
Islam was introduced to Uganda by Arabs to King Ssuuna II of Buganda in 1884, which influenced use of words such as Kalaam (Pen), Kitab (book), Swabun (soap) and Sukar (sugar).
Two Muslim players in German football giants Bayern Munich have refused to hold glasses of beer in a promotional photoshoot earlier this week, holding onto their religious beliefs.
In the photo, Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola joined his players in holding a glass of beer while donning traditional lederhosen, Daily Mail reported.
The only exceptions were French Muslim mid-fielder Frank Ribery and Moroccan Mehdi Benatia who refused to hold beer in their hands.The players refrained from posing with the alcoholic beverage as it goes against Islamic religious beliefs.
The photoshoot came as part of the German club’s sponsorship deal with Paulaner brewery after the team won its first two Bundesliga matches.
Making history in Turkey, a veiled Muslim academic woman has been appointed as the first hijabi minister in the secular country, AFP reported on Saturday, August 29.
Aysen Gurcan, a 52-year-old academic, was appointed yesterday to be the minister in charge of family and social policies in the provisional government of Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu that will run the country until November 1 elections.
Gurcan, a mother of three, is a member of the board of the Foundation for Youth and Education (TURGEV).
Davutoğlu submitted the composition of the new government to Erdoğan at 7.10 p.m. local time.
Since Tuesday, the prime minister has been making efforts to form a provisional government that will run Turkey until early election is held on Nov. 1.
In one of the largest reversion cases of Christians to Islam, a Rwandan pastor and his entire 480-member congregation have reverted to Islam, as the world fastest growing religion expands its presence in the African continent.
According to several media reports, Salim Mikdad, a former pastor, reverted to Islam after being convinced into it by Muslim scholars, Nigeria Watch reported.
Later on, he managed to convince his entire 480-member congregation to take a similar decision last August 25.After switching their faith, the church was turned into a mosque.
The latest incident comes amid a series of similar conversions in Rwanda.
Being a predominantly Christian country, Rwanda has seen a gradual rise in its Muslim population.
About 56.9% of Rwandans are Roman Catholic, 26% are Protestant, 11.1% are Seventh day Adventist and only 4.6% are Muslim, most of them being Sunni.
More than one thousand Dubai residents of different nationalities have reverted to Islam this year at the Islamic Information Centre of the Dubai government-run Dar Al Ber Society, hundreds of who took the decision during Ramadan.According to figures released by the Islamic Information Centre of Dar Al Ber Society (Dabs), 1460 people from across different nationalities reverted to Islam this year.
Al Junaibi said that the Dabs will introduce genuine teachings of Islam through an array of 2,213 lectures and 729,689 CDs on Islam.
Moreover, the society has successfully ran 223 lectures and classes for visitors while hundreds of truth seekers flock to the centre on a daily basis.Welcoming interested visitors on a daily basis, the Islamic Information Centre runs a variety of activities and courses to new Muslims and foreign community children as advised in the Qur’an.Established more than 20 years ago, Dar Al Ber Society centre has witnessed the reversion of 20,000 from 200 different nationalities to Islam.
According to Dar Al Ber Society, about 2,115 people reverted to Islam in 2013.
As an education expert, let me tell you frankly, for you to achieve your primary objective you need to take your children in a school with a good learning environment. Actually why many children hate and run away from studying their deen is the harsh treatment they go through. Studying under harsh conditions (i.e. under a tree or grass thatched classrooms and eat rotten beans) have made children hate studying be it their deen or secular.
For now let us help schools improve in all areas and let the Muwalims (religious) teachers enrol for training programs that will bring them to reality. We should by now be having an integrated curriculum where the child is learning secular together with religion. I will give a simple example here. Imagine you are teaching counting to a 5-6 year old and you begin counting from 1-5 there are many things under our deen that can match those numbers i.e. 1 = To Allah is Alone, 2 =Swalat Subhi is of two rakas, 3= Magreeb is of three rakas, 4 Zuhr, Asr and Isha are of 4 rakas each, 5 = there are five swalas/five pillars in islaam. You can even turn this into a rhyme. This way a child is learning counting which is secular and also learns his religion swala, and the pillars. Tell me do we need a secular teacher to come in and teach counting and after 80 minutes you bring another teacher to teacher the types of swala? So this calls for our training institutions to equip teachers to be of a double edged sword so to speak. The current situation is that we work in silos and we make people think that there is a disconnect between religion and secular. That kind of thinking is medieval and not modern.
The practice of beating children almost to death because they have failed to bring out the proper Arabic letter sound is out dated. If you don’t want comfort you are doomed and you will not get what you want. The schools which are succeeding today like LUKMAN, TAWHEED only to mention a few visit and see the level of comfort children get.
You got it from Kiboko? That was a wrong practice and we should desist from thinking even saying that our children should be brought up in the same way we were brought up. Things have changed my dear. Let them learn their deen in the best way possible.
I still insist let us have a study by experts.
Shafique sekalala via Uganda Muslim Brothers and Uganda Muslim Brothers & Sisters
Assalam Alaikum brothers and sisters,
My intention was and still is to get a school that will help my children attain the basic Islamic education as a primary objective as well as secular studies (Secondary). I would like my child to know how to read the Quran and start early memorization, read and write Arabic at an early age. I had the privilege to get this basic Islamic education at an early age and have come to realize its importance in my middle life. I wouldn’t like my child to start these important learning when they are already in Secondary level.For instance a senior one student starting to learn the Arabic alphabet. I have even seen some starting that at University level. You the parent is to blame not the educationist because you are more concerned about your childs dunya than Akhira. How much of this knowledge do you think that student will absorb when he leaves university. Will it really be of much help to him?. I cant take pride in that being a parent.
Comfort was really not on my list.If i can get a school that can offer that, then i will not mind taking my child there even if they read under a tree or grass thatched classrooms and eat rotten beans. Our former generations managed to pass this knowledge to us through the harshest of conditions and now we are more concerned about what our children eat and what kind of mattress they sleep in. Some of us got it through Kiboko but looking back now i cant complain. We are doing disservice to them if we take comfort as a primary issue.
Im not looking backward. I need to have my child know who he is and for what purpose he was created. We already have enough secular institutions being it owned by Muslim proprietors or others. The child will miss a lot if i start with that. He will catch up with that since its already available.
My advice to parents is always to clarify their intentions when making decisions in regards to their children education. If you had the privilege to get Islamic education then you already know the importance. If you were unlucky, then don’t pass that to your Kids.
The educationists and shuyukhs have a much higher responsibility and burden to ensure that the Deen does not get eroded by the secular environment we are in. At the end of it all if you cannot pass that knowledge, then you will be alone when you are questioned what you did with that knowledge you are given.
Lets all work together to make sure that our children grow up into quality muslims.
Thank you all
‘husni mubarak’ via Uganda Muslim Brothers and Sisters
Bino kangezeko obiwandika mu Luganda oba oli awo banabitegela bulungi. Nze newunya abasomeza eddini obusungu gyebabujja nga batusomesa. Nze ayangoba mukibina kyoluwarabu nga ate mwatu nali ndwagala nyo ye Seka eyali tasubila nti omwana asobola okutuka mu senior nga ne alufu emu bweti tagiwulilangako. Okunkuba kumpi kunfilako kyangoba mukibina kye. Ela sadayo. Mwatu nanfiliza okuyiga oluwarabu. Yeyo ensomesa embi gyetutamanyi gyeyava nga ate ensiga kubela mu masomelo gafe agabasilamu. Nina obusungu nyini eli abo ebewana okuba abaana babanabwe kiboko. Ate bwosanga omuzadde awagila okuba omwana we kibo nokumutulugunya mbu olwo lwayiga simanyi mutulaba oyo omuzadde mwe muteka. Kilabika omwanawo akulemeledde, kiwaji kati oyagala ononya Ana mukukwatilako. Hahaha hahaha!!! Ate ela nga omanyi nti oyina mutwala musomelo lilinga komela. Ela mukulabako nga lyesomelo elisomesa eddini. Hoooooo hooooo! What a terrible stereotype!!!! Naye ate ayinza okuba nga mutufu mundowoza ye. Tulabye nyo.
1. Senga okuba nokutulugunya abaana kwe kwali okubagunjula senga abaana bebayisa mu mbela embi senga bebasinga banabwe mubibina. Naye si bwekitela okuba.
2. Omwana asiba kumigo awaka ela atulugunyizibwa si ya tela okusinga mukibina. Abamutulugunya baba bamukotogedde. Babi eyo research gyekolele. Eka taata abela polisi, ate esomela nelibela ekomela. Omwana abela mumbela eyo bwetyo akonziba obuwongo bwaba tafuse Kondo. The child does not reach his or her full potential because of the constraining and unfriendly environment. Ekyo kiganye mu Luganda. Naye kansubile nti kitegelekeka mululimi olufutifuti.
3. Ye abafe senga okutulugunya kwekwali okugunjula senga fe abaana bomudugavu senga fe twasoka okugenda ku mwezi. Naye sibwekyali. Gye batatulugunya baana bebatusoka kumwezi, bebazula kompyuta, bebazula nedagala eliweweza ku bulwadde bwa silimu. Kyoka nga ate fe silimu basinga okuluma tunabako kyetugunjudde kitegelekeka. Okujako kutuntuza baana buli olukya. Kitegeze obo abetwala okuba abategela enyo nebatukaba emigo nokutulugunya nga tukyali bato batukotogela kinene nyo.
4. Violence can only beget violence. Eno ensomesa yafe embi yatuletala ebizibu nekataga. Mazima nosoma mumawulile nolaba nebifananyi nga abasajja abobuvunanyizibwa bafunyiza empala nekanzu balwana. Nti ekibalwanya ki; nti oli mushiya nti ate oli musuni? Abalala obowulila kulwanila ofisi zebatanatukamu. Banange tuswala. Ela twakowa. Bwotunulila abantu abokola ebintu ebilinga ebyo notunulila negyebabagunjulila tolemwa kumamya nti babakuba nga migo nakubatulugunya mbu babasomesa.
5. Sebo gwe ayagala omwana wo bakube nga engoma, bamulise kawukumi, bamusuze nga ayimilidde, mbu ononya ddini genda maso, kyoyogala ojjakukifuna.
Fe abaana bafe twagala balye bulungi, basule bulungi, mubitanda omutali biku, ate simukalina za bitanda (tripple decks). Banange mutulugunya abaana nebatuka nokukyawa enkanzu. Ekanzu nebatuka nokugivuma nti “obukanzu kanzu”. Hi mulimba nyo namwe!!! Eyo ensomesa yamwe oyokutulugunya abaana ya kijahiliya ela yadiba dda nyo. Nomubaka teyakubako mwananomu yade oluyi oba engolo. Ela teyakubako musilamu yena luyi nti amusomesa kigambo kya ALLAH.
Kati mwe emigo no kutulugunya mwakujjawa??? Tudde kunkola yomubaka eyensomesa enungi. Mwagaze abaana bafe eddini. Egyo emigo gye mubakuba tegiba gunjula okujako okubafula ebemputu nokunywa omwenge kumpi kufuka balujuju. Anti bambi omuto bwafuna akaganya abalowoza nti bwananywa omwenge ajakuba alumye Seka we “bukanzu kanzu” eyamukuba nga emigo. Babuwe kumbe omwana aba yeyona yeka na yeka. Naye lwaki muba mutusa abaana ba banamwe kwekyo??????
Stop child torture and neglect. There is not a single religion that teaches child abuse and neglect. On the contrary all religions teach to handle children with kindness and love.
Naye abaana bobusilamu mwagala bakuliza munaku, mukutya nakubonabona awamu nekyo nga ate bakadde babwe besobola bulungi ela nga sente bayina.
Bwe twogelako nga mutulangila nti tuzimbe amasomelo gafe. Abaana ba Uganda bona bali mumasomelo gamwe? Mwedeko namwe. Musomese abaana bafe mu nsomesa enungi.
Mpuzinka nga gamba nti temutulugunya baana bafe. Ekibina kyomubaka kibina kilunji nyo. Sikyekyali sanye otutulugunya nokutunza abaana……
DR. IBRA SENDAGIRE VIA THE UMBS FORUM
By Haji Nsereko Mutumba
Sheikh Asumani Kiribedda Adyeeri was born in 1903 at Rwano, Bunyangabu County – present day Kabarole District. His birthplace was and is still is the kingdom of Tooro.
He was the son of Mubuya. Mubuya was the son of Kahiigwa. Kahiigwa was the son of Kizige. Kizige was the son of Ndyanabo and Ndyanabo was the son of Rubongonya. He belonged to Baranzi clan.
His mother was Kabulingeya.
He had seven siblings; Juma Munyonyi, Yunus Mukunya, Byabanyagi, Byefeera Afuwa, Mariam, Zainab Bujune and Bagada.
At the time of his death on 19th April 1978, he had 30 children; 20 male and 12 female. He was survived by three widows; Asia Nakatte, Hairat Nalumansi and Yudaya Banura Nalongo. The number of his off springs including children, grandchildren and grand grandchildren, is more than 200.
His eldest child now deceased was Ibrahim Nduuru and the youngest was Abdu-Swamad Ruhinda. He was a father to two members of parliament namely late Haji Abbas Balinda and Hon. Hood Katuramu. Haji Abbas Balinda was the speaker of the Ishengyero of Ankole (Parliament). Also among his children is the retired senior civil servant Haji Ishaqa Magezi who rose through the ranks and reached the level of Acting Provincial Governor in the 1970s. He retired at the rank of Undersecretary in the government of Uganda. He also served as the Chairperson UMSC Electoral Commission.
Conversion to Islam
Sheikh Kiribedda’s was born a non-Muslim. And indeed there are many surviving non – Muslim relatives of Shk. Kiribedda.
Kiribedda and all his immediate siblings and other close relatives converted to Islam in their infancy. Kiribedda’s conversion to Islam is closely associated with one man Ali Bikwalira popularly known as Kimunyiine. Kimunyiine is known to have fled from Muyenga Kampala through Bunyoro, Tooro and eventually settled and died in Kabwohe Sheema District. His grave is located in the vicinity of Kabwohe main Mosque.
Sheikh Kiribedda was buried in this same grave yard.
During his flight, Bikwalira met Byefeera Afuwa (BIBI) – Shk. Kiribedda’s elder sister and married her. On marrying Kiribedda’s sister, Bikwalira became a Muslim.
It was easy for him to embrace Islam because he associated with the Muslims who had fled to Bunyoro who taught him basic Islamic knowledge.
Bikwalira was a charismatic trader who moved many places doubling as a Muwalimu (Islamic Teacher). This made him fairly popular in the then Ankole and Tooro regions.
In Kabwohe, there was a Muwalimu called Abdallah Kuwala who was retiring back to his place of origin (Buganda). There was a search for his replacement and Bikwalira came in as the most suitable replacement thereby settling in Kabwohe.
On settling in Kabwohe with her husband, AfuwaByefeera invited her siblings who all came and converted to Islam. She did not produce any children so she brought her sister and cousin sister to join her as co-wives in her husband’s home.
This had the effect of cementing the bond between the Kamunyiine and Kiribedda families.
Rwakaikara a.k.aKiribedda was the youngest of the siblings of Afuwa. It is said that at the time he migrated Rwakaikara (Kiribedda) was carried on the back owing to his young age.
Kimunyiine spotted, groomed and schooled him in Islamic teachings. He was named Kiribedda in anticipation that one day, he would become a man to reckon with. He further sent him to study in a Madrasa run by Shk. Juma Kyejo.
On return from the Madrasa, Kamunyiine induced him into the leadership roles and eventually, when Kimunyiine died, it was not difficult for him to take over the leadership mantle.
His Leadership Role
Sheikh Kiribedda’s debut in leadership came when Kimunyiine ceded his “Obuwalimu” (Muslim leadership title) to him even before he died.
At that time, Kabwohe had become an important Muslim center. Kiribedda later rose to ‘Omukuluw’Etwale’ (County Sheikh) and eventually the District Kadhi.
The earlier period of the 20th century was characterized by the Juma-Zukuli divisions among Muslims. Sheikh Kiribedda belonged to the Juma sect and was the de facto leader or kadhi with jurisdiction over Ankole and Kigezi.
His counterpart for the Juma Zukuli sect was Shk. Ahmad Male. By this time, Shk. Kiribedda had improved his knowledge of Islam through close association with leading Muslim clerics of the Juma sect; notably Abdallah Sekimwanyi, Ahmad Nsambu, Zaid MugenyiAsooka and Obeid Lutale.
In order to consolidate and assert his position, he sent his son Abbas Balinda to be taught by Shk. Zaid Mugenyi Asooka in Ngando Butambala. Later on however, at the behest of ow’Ekitinisa KesiNganwa who was heading Kabwohe Church of Uganda Primary School, he was called back to embark on secular education.
In 1943, Shk. Kiribedda performed his first Hajj. He and Shk. Male were among the 60 people who compromised the 10th cohort of people from Uganda to go for Pilgrimage. The two were the first Muslims to perform Hajj in the Ankole region.
In 1968, Shk. Kiribedda performed his second Hajj. His return was graced with the presence of Shk. Mukulu – Swaib Semakula the then Mufti of Uganda and high profile Shiekhs like Shk. Obeid Lutale, Shk. Abdulkadir Mbogo and Shk. Muhammad Mukongo among others.
Championing of Muslim Education
Sheikh Kiribedda was a champion of Muslim education. Among his most important accomplishments is the establishment of Kabwohe Muslim School which was the first formal educational institution in Ankole.
He brought in Shk. Sulaiman Ruhinda the first post UMSC District Kadhi of Ankole in 1942 as the first teacher. For the first time, this was the school that catered for both Islamic religious education and secular education. Such was his passion for the school whose first teachers were accommodated in his own house.
The school became government aided in 1946. The other schools started by Shk. Kiribedda include Rugyenda in Bunyaruguru, Kyarubambura in Bukanga (Isingiro) and Nyamitanga in Mbarara.
Kyarubambura School alone has produced a long list of prominent Ugandans who include the author of Unsung Muslim Heroes Haji Nsereko Mutumba, the Rector IUIU Dr. Ahmad Sengendo Dr. Asumani Lukwago PS Ministry of Health, H.E Murtadha Katende Ugandan Ambassador in Ethiopia, Al Haji Obura Kasumba Deputy Principal Bilal Islamic Institute etc.
Owing to his pioneer role in the establishment of Muslim Schools, he earned himself the position of supervisor of Muslim Schools until he was replaced at his own request by AbdallahLubwama and later his own son Abbas Balinda Akiiki.
Another important accomplishment of Shk. Kiribedda as a leader relates to the land where the main Mosque in Kabwohe and the school stand.
Initially, the land was part of the Mailo land belonging to Rukumbyana. There were suggestions that the Mosque should be relocated elsewhere. Sheikh Kiribedda protested to the colonial government and a decision was made that this land belonged to the Muslims and a part of this land was carved out officially designated as Muslim land.
One occupation that dominated the like of Shk. Kiribedda was conducting Duwas. He was renowned for this. He travelled to many places in western Uganda and Buganda where he took part in Duwas.
Through the Duwas, he made a lot of friends and acquaintances. Shiekh Hatwib Mukuluwakika; the Acting Deputy Mufti of Uganda and a son to Shk. Kiribedda’s niece Joweria described Shk. Kiribedda as a guest in his own home. This was due to the long time that he used to spend away from home. His return was always much anticipated and invited some kind of celebration.
He was passionate about Duwas. At the time was he was really ill and perhaps convinced that his time to pass on had come, he asked his children to take him to his friend Shk. Nsambu for Duwa. His wish was granted and he was driven all the way from Kabwohe in Ankole to Nateete in Kampala. Sheikh Nsambu prayed for him and he was then taken to Mulago Hospital where he died later in the night.
Friends of Shk. Kiribedda
In his life, Shk. Kiribedda had many friends and acquaintances. The first one was Ali Kimunyiine in whose hands the young Rwakaikara embraced Islam and learnt the very first Islamic lessons. He groomed him and inducted him into a leadership role in the Muslim hierarchy.
Another one was Aramanzane Byarubatsika father to Shk. AbdunoorKaduyu. The two lived together as students of Kimunyiine and their friendship endured until the death of Byarubatsika.
Commenting on their relationship, Shk. Kaduyu said that at no time did he imagine that Kiribedda was not his own father. Others were his “brother” Ali Sebakaaki, Hussein Kyofatogabye, Shk. Juma Kyejo who was one of his teachers, Shk. Islam Ahmad Nsambu, Shk. Mutyaba, Shk. Obeid Lutale, Shk. Zaid Mugenyi Asooka, Shk. Abdallah Sekimwanyi, Shk. Swaib Semakula (Shk. Mukulu), Kesi Nganwa, Haji Musa Kasule of Wandegeya and Haji Ahmad Kamya.
In conclusion, Sheikh Kiribedda fulfilled Allah’s Command in the Holy Quran 28:77 which says;
“But seek with the wealth which Allah has bestowed on thee, the home of the hereafter, not forget thy position in this world, but do thou good as Allah has been Good to thee and seek not occasions for mischief in the land, for Allah loves not those who do mischief”.
“Since real life is possible only through knowledge, those who neglect learning and teaching are considered “dead” even though they are still alive. For we were created to learn and to communicate what we have learned to others” Fethullah Gulen.
Basing on the above Verse and quotation, Sheikh Kiribedda is a man who lived his life; he contributed emensely to his religion Islam and likewise contributed greatly to his nation.
He produced many Sheikhs as well as teachers, politicians, civil servants and business men.
He made useful friends both in Islam, politics, civil service and traditional leaders.
He propagated Islam in every part of Uganda and beyond Uganda.
After reading about this noble Sheikh, where do you put him? Is he not a hero though unsung?
The writer is the Public Relations Officer of Uganda Muslim Supreme Council. He can be reached on:
Tel: 0701409504 or 0772409504
Saudi Arabia gifted a piece of “kiswah”, or curtains, of the Grand Mosque in Makkah to the United Nation’s headquarter in New York, the gift deemed one of Islam’s most sacred items.
“I am pleased to join you to mark the reinstallation of this magnificent gift to the United Nations from Saudi Arabia,” UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said in a statement cited by Pakistan Tribe on August 1.
“We are honored that this example of cultural heritage and tradition is here with us at the United Nations.”
the piece was first presented to the UN in the early 1980s and sent to Makkah in 2014 as the Indonesian Hall, where the piece had been installed, needed to undergo renovation.
While back in Saudi Arabia, the piece also underwent maintenance work.
Made of pure silk and interwoven with silver threads covered with gold, the tapestry consists of nearly 50 black cloths and is decorated with verses from the Qur’an.
The Ka`aba kiswah is draped annually on the 9th day of the month of Dhul-Hijjah on the Islamic calendar.
Almost a month after announcing his reversion to Islam, Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor revealed reasons behind his conversion, saying that similarities between the two faiths led him to the truth.
“Jesus (pbuh) taught that there is only One God and Only God should be worshipped as taught in Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29. Muslims also believe this as taught in the Qur’an verse 4:171,” Adebayor was quoted by The Herald.
Adebayor was talking about one of 13 reasons behind his decision to embrace Islam after being seen taking Shahada, or declaration of faith, in a YouTube video posted online last month.
Among the reasons behind his reversion to Islam was that prophet Jesus (pbuh) didn’t eat pork like Muslims who consider pigs and their meat filthy and unhealthy to eat.
Words like “As Salaamu Alaikum” (Peace be with you) and “God Willing” (InshaAllah), mentioned by the Qur`an, the holy book of Islam, had been always used by Jesus (pbuh), the Togolese footballer found.
“Jesus (pbuh) washed his face, hands, and feet before praying. The Muslims do the same. Jesus (pbuh) and other prophets of the Bible prayed with their head to the ground (see Matthew 26:39). Muslims do too as taught in the Qur’an verse 3:43,” Adebayor stressed.
“Jesus (pbuh) had a beard and wore a robe. It is Sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.
As you are all aware by now, our longest cook at Kibuli S,S,Mr.Rwakambugu George William, popularly known as Mutooro, is retiring at the end of this year. I have spoken to the Headmaster, Kibuli S.S, Hajji Mugagga Ali, and we have all agreed that Mutooro deserves a meaningful send off. I know he was just doing his job, but I think its noble to give him something after dedicating 35 years of his life to not only cooking for students but being there for them and teaching us something about life. Yes, there was always something to learn from this gentleman about life!
I have been made to believe that Kibuli students and former students have always had a big heart when it comes to raising money for those less fortunate than themselves. By coming together, no matter where you live or your perception of Mutooro while still in school, you can be a part of something making our community a better place. So, please give and support this important effort.We will donate the money directly to Mutooro through the H/M, and together create a culture that best embodies our deepest religious and cultural values of compassion and love for the teachers.More so,these kind of causes kind of break down barriers between old students. I urge all to support this cause
HOW TO DONATE:
1-For Western Union or Moneygram, send payment to:Ms. Rashidha Mukwanga in Kampala;
2- For mobile money, send to Rashidha Mukwanga at: 00256-757521376;
2- For PAYPAL, please email me as Facebook isn’t allowing the link here.
I know several groups might be raising money for the same, and that is OK, but they will find us there already moving. Names of all those that have donated will be published,if its OK, and also sent to Mr.Mugagga inishallah.If you are still in need of more information, don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com. Asante sana!
Somebody at UMSC or any of our established Muslim organisations should look into this and donate Qur’ans to the people in Busiki county. Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!
‘Dear Abbey,I work for the National Book Trust of Uganda.Our work is to promote authorship, publishing and a culture of reading.I am aspiring to be the NRM MP flag bearer for Busiki county in Namutumba district. The thrusts for my campaign include quality education, access to clean and safe water, access to health services and improving household incomes. So far, my team will be donating 30 wheel chairs which we got from Children International, crutches courtesy of Reaching Out with Hope; repair of boreholes courtesy of Voluntary Action for Development, science school textbooks courtesy of NABOTU etc. Our people have been living in a very dire situation and believe this is a good start to recovery.
My county is very rural with a sizeable population of Muslims. One of their unique challenge in spite of the literacy levels is the fact that they do not have Korans so they are dependent on the Imam for everything. As a person working in the publishing industry, I thought it would be a good idea to donate some Korans to the Muslim community in the county. So I searched on the web for some organisations in Uganda that do this and that’s how your organisation and name came up.
It will be great if you are in a position to donate these to my team and any other items that will help my Muslim voters. I await your reply.
The posting about Idi Amin by his son has inspired me to ask for help from members of this forum in respect of work I am doing. I am writing a tribute to Idi Amin tentatively entitled “Why Ugandan Muslims Love Idi Amin,” with the intention of developing it into a publishable book. The target of the tribute are the young Ugandan Muslims who are fed on lies about Idi Amin on a daily basis by those who hate him for political and extra-political reasons. My wish is to arm young Ugandan Muslims with the confidence to reject the intimidation by those who want to make them ashamed of associating with the name Idi Amin.
The work will be placed within the historical background of the country, and an attempt will be made to rebuttal some of the falsehoods against Idi Amin. But it is not intended to help Muslims to win arguments about Idi Amin, I just want to make the point that whatever his personal faults, and whatever others may say about him, Idi Amin genuinely loved the Muslims of Uganda, and used his position as President to lay a foundation that has made Uganda a better place for them than it would have been. The struggle for a better place for Muslims in Uganda must continue of course, but we must always remember that Idi Amin’s accession to power has helped to define this struggle, and to make it so much easier to continue it.
I am aware of the broader contributions by Idi Amin to the Ugandan society, and I will include in the preamble to this work, but my main focus is on his contribution to Islam and the Muslims of Uganda. My reasons are: There are people out there who are determined to generate hatred against Idi Amin. They will make all efforts to deny his contribution to the Ugandan society as a whole, but they cannot deny that Ugandan Muslims love him; and I want to help create/consolidate the love for him among the people he loved.
I need help from members of this forum that have any information about Idi Amin, however minute. Please feel free to tell me any story about Amin in whatever detail you want; tell it as you have heard it, it will be my duty to cross-check it before I include it in my write-up.
Below is a summary of some of the issues I am dealing with:
WHY UGANDAN MUSLIMS LOVE IDID AMIN
1) Idi Amin Positively Identified with Muslims and Islam
2) He endeavoured to unite the Muslims of Uganda, as seen in the starting of the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council
3) He appointed Muslims to different offices in Uganda eg Headteachers, Commissioners, etc
4) Did dawa work by getting non-Muslims to convert to Islam at several mauledis and elsewhere
5)Inspired Muslims Politically by showing them that they could hold political office, including the highest in the land.
5) He looked for Scholarships for Muslims to gain Islamic and technical knowledge. The scholarships trained sheiks, doctors, accountants etc.
6) He inspired the knowledge revolution in Ugandan Islam that puts us ahead of all other Muslims in the region as far as Islamic knowledge is concerned. He is the inspiration behind the “People’s University” at Nakasero that sharpened Muslims in the knowledge of their religion beteen the 1980s and the 1990s.
7) Inspired the starting of Islamic Institutions like the Islamic University in Uganda, Kabukunge TTC, Muslim secondary and Primary schools.
8) Ruled that non-Muslim Headteachers should leave Muslim schools
9) Started the teaching of Islam at O and A Level
10) Participated directly in the building of Mosques eg in Yumbe, Bombo, Makerere University, Old Kampala etc
Some of the above points, if not all of them, will expand into whole chapters, depending on the information I get. You can help me to expand and illustrate them, raise new ones, and correct any faulty information; but most importantly, I am interested in the narratives. Feel free to tell me a story you have heard from someone else, I will cross-check it. It can be as simple as something he did or said when he visited a particular area or met a specific person. Also, if you have access to any written information that deals with Idi Amin’s contribution to Islam, send it to me.
You can post the information on my personal email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on this forum to generate further discussion. You can also call me or send sms on my phone: 0772-344316.
Abasi Kiyimba, PhD
Department of Literature
Makerere University &
Staff Senate Representative,
School of Languages, Literature and Communication
Physical Intimacy is a highly important part of marital life. Like any other relationship, it develops and deepens as time passes. This takes some people longer than others. Often the harder you work at intimacy, the more valuable and rewarding it is.
The following are some steps that may help.
1- Take Your Time
As a newly married couple, you still have too many things to learn and discover about each other. Take your time to get closer and realize each other’s likes and dislikes in everything including sex.
2- Talk about Sex
Don’t keep your thoughts and desires in your head, It’s no secret now for your life partner! Explain your likes and dislikes, express your feelings and expectations and make it easier for your partner to understand your needs so that the relationship will develop quickly and both of you reap the benefits.
3- Hug, Kiss & Hold on Tight
Counselors and experts always emphasize the importance of having as much physical contact as possible on a daily basis. Couples might take this for granted, but as time passes, they find themselves sitting side by side typing on their laptops or mobile screens rather than holding hands.
Moreover, several studies show that the simple act of hugging for between 30 and 60 seconds increases levels of oxytocin, a hormone that acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain and contributes to a sense of attachment.
4-Make Time for Sex
After the honeymoon is over, life gets busy with daily routines and your To Do list gets more crowded, sending sex to the bottom. Once you’re living together it’s easy to assume that you can have sex whenever you want, and thus you don’t make time for it.
But if you don’t prioritize your love life at the beginning of your marriage, it’ll be harder to do so in the future.
5- Self Discovery
Learn about your sexuality. Figure out how and where you like to be touched and how to communicate that to your partner. This would certainly take time to be achieved but the benefits are incredible so, don’t give up and continue with your self-discovery!
6. Nurture Emotional Intimacy
Feeling understood, supported, and valued will make you both feel closer and therefore more receptive to physical closeness and more keen to please each other when it comes to your intimate moments.
7- Make It a Surprise
Avoid being too predictable, doing the same things in the same places. Try to surprise your spouse every now and then with a different look. Have sex in other rooms rather than your bedroom and try to be unpredictable.
8. Have Realistic Expectations
Don’t start your marital life with assumptions that everything will be perfect like Hollywood movies. Life is never perfect and we should appreciate the good things we have in order to reach a state of contentedness and inner peace.
Sometimes, sex is not perfect and this doesn’t mean you’ve got a big problem. It’s life. Don’t expect perfect sex every time. Even for the most happily married couples, more than 10 percent of sexual encounters aren’t even pleasurable for one or both spouses, Dr. McCarthy says.
9. The Eye Contact
Couples report they feel more attractive, more in-the-moment, and closer when they look into each other’s eyes during sex.
10-Stay Healthy and Fit
Exhaustion is the number-one reason long-term couples become less sexually active. Eat healthy and try to maintain a good level of work out on a regular basis.
Indeed, all what a woman earns is considered her own income. However, she is best advised to share in the family expenses, especially in the difficult circumstances people live nowadays. It is true that whatever the wife makes is considered her own income. Allah Almighty says, “To men is allotted what they earn, and to women what they earn: But ask God of His bounty. For God has full knowledge of all things.” (An-Nisa’ 4:32)
It is also reported that the wife of `Abdullah ibn Masu`ud (may Allah be pleased with him) used to work and earn a living. One day she asked the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) if she could donate her money to her poor husband, to which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) replied, “Yes, and you will be rewarded twice.”(An-Nasa’i)
Having said that and given the difficult financial circumstances that people face nowadays, it is advised that the wife contributes to the family by sharing some of the family expenses. Some scholars consider this as a compensation for the time the mother takes away from the family.
Allah Almighty knows best.
it is not allowed for a Muslim woman or adult girl to put her picture on her account on Facebook or the like as this is so dangerous that it may result in heinous sins and bad consequences.
It is impermissible (haram) for a Muslim girl or woman to put her picture on Facebook account, chat rooms or other websites, for a number of reasons:
1. This is contrary to covering and concealment that is enjoined upon women in the Qur’an and the Sunnah. Allah Almighty says concerning the noblest of women and the furthest of them from suspicion, namely the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), “And when you ask (his wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts.”(Al-Ahzab 33:53)
“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e., screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Al-Ahzab 33:59)
And He forbade women to speak softly, as He says, “O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allah), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery, etc.) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner.” (Al-Ahzab 33:32)
So Allah Almighty enjoined the wives of the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him), and the Muslim women in general, to observe hijab, so as to purify the hearts of the believing women and to protect them from anything that may give rise to temptation or suspicion, and so as to preserve their chastity and that of His believing slaves. Once this is understood, it will become clear that for a woman to put her picture where it will be seen by righteous and evildoers alike on such websites is something contrary to Allah’s teachings.
2. This opens the door to fitnah (temptation) and evil for the woman and for those who see her. How often have we heard and read painful stories caused by such things! How many pure and chaste women have fallen into the traps of those who do not fear Allah; evildoers who have tempted them with sweet words and promises until, when they had had their way with them, they turned their back to them and abandoned them with nothing but regret and loss, and perhaps shame in this world and in the Hereafter, Allah forbids.
How many evildoers have tampered with those images and reproduced them by modern means, putting the head of a decent woman on the body of an immoral woman, then there will be great regret for what she brought upon herself and her family when regret is to no avail.
3. With regard to what you have mentioned about some women who wear hijab believing that putting their picture in hijab is not forbidden according to Islam, if what you mean by hijab is proper shar`i hijab that covers the face and does not show the face of the woman, then this kind of thing is not forbidden in Islam, especially when there is a need for it. But this is not what they mean, because there is no benefit in doing this. What is the point of putting a picture of a black shape in which nothing appears?!
But if what is meant is putting a picture of a woman with her face uncovered, even if she has covered the rest of her body, then we have explained that this is what leads to evil consequences that are sufficient to deem it forbidden. Even if we do not say that it is obligatory for the woman to cover her face; so how about if that is obligatory? The sin in this case is multiplied and the danger is greater. By doing that she has transgressed what the Muslim women have been accustomed to doing for centuries.
Imam Al-Ghazali (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Ihya’` Ulum ad-Deen (2/53), “Men throughout the ages have always had their faces uncovered and women have always gone out with their faces covered.” Something similar is found in Fathul-Bari, 9/337.
Al-Hafizh Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Fathul-Bari (9/424), “The custom of women in the past and more recently has been to cover their faces in front of non-mahram men.”
Moreover, if everyone who has any common sense realizes that the focal point of beauty and fitnah in women is the face, and this is what men want to see, and it is from this that it is judged whether a woman is beautiful or not, then publishing pictures in the mentioned manner opens the door to women to be tempted and to be a source of temptation, and for them and their pictures to be treated disrespectfully, as they will be visible to anyone who wants to see them.
And Almighty Allah knows best.
The election mood has been simmering over the past weeks in Uganda.The batteries for elections were charged after the founder of the biggest Muslim online network, Abbey Kibirige Semuwemba, asked Muslims and non-Muslims to support good Muslim candidates, that include: Katerega Ahmed Musaazi(NRM), Aisha Kabanda(NRM), Aisha Alibhai(Soroti), Ssemujju Nganda(FDC), Hussein Amin Jjuruga(Amin’s son standing for MP in Bombo) and others.
Soroti Municipality 2016 MP aspirant Aisha Alibhai completely quit Daily Monitor’s KFM radio where she was a presenter of the morning show D’Mighty Breakfast and Corporate Affairs Manager. Aisha said she is devoting most of her time to politics as she vies to replace retired Mike Mukula as Soroti Municipality MP.
Abbey has been fundraising for some of the candidates using platforms such as Ugandans At Heart. He asked Muslims to vote in such a way that their vote should not be divided. He warned them that Muslim candidates lost in the previous elections from Muslim majority areas, like Butambala, just because of too many Muslim candidates in fray. He asked Muslims to go into alliances with good non-Muslim candidates that are willing to protect their interests.
All the parties have realized the fact that every vote is going to count in these elections. Abbey said that after a split in the Democratic alliance and NRM, the margin is not going to be too large. Each vote is going to count and that is why every candidate is making effort to woo Muslims also.
The NRM which has ruled the state for 30 years has failed to make any impression on the Muslim community. A lot of Muslim sheikhs are being killed and the government has done nothing to bring the murderers for justice. All Muslim leaders in Uganda are now living under fear! One of the Muslim leaders, Sheikh Siraji Mwinyi, 63 in Nandala Zone, Rock Ward in Nakaloke Town council, got the shock of his life when a hired assassin tried to kill him at about 3:00am on Monday.
According to police, the scholars were killed by the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), a Uganda extremist group based in Congo, after refusing to join the alliance.
Ugandan Muslims comprise some 14 percent of the predominantly Christian country’s 32-million population, according to the CIA Factbook.
1. Muslims believe in the ‘One-ness’ of God. That He shares His power and authority with no partners and no descendents. He is unique and we know Him by His divine attributes, such as ‘The Most Merciful’, ‘The Creator’, ‘The Eternal’, and ‘The Supreme’ to name but a few. He has knowledge of all things and to Him we will return to be held to account for all of the blessings He has given us in this life.
2. Muslims believe in the Angels that God has created. They are created from light, whereas humans are created from the soil of the earth. They are a separate form of creation than humans. Angels do not possess a free will as we do and are not subject to sin as we are. They are designated specific duties by God and fulfill them unfailingly. They are 100% obedient, 100% of the time. Humans on the other hand, are subject to sin and making mistakes. Human beings reproduce and have children whereas the Angels do not. They are neither male nor female. Human beings cannot become Angels after death.
3. Muslims believe in the revelations that have been sent by God to the people of previous nations. Examples are the Torah sent to Moses, the Gospel sent to Jesus, as well as the Psalms sent to David and of course the Qur’an, the final revelation of God to all of mankind sent to Muhammad. May the peace and blessings of God be upon all the prophets of God from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them).
4. Muslims believe that prophets and messengers have been sent by God, out of His infinite Mercy, to all nations throughout humanity at least once in their history. These prophets were the best models of faith and character of their communities and chosen by God to convey His Guidance. They are free from committing sins but were human beings, nonetheless, who ate and drank, slept and worked hard to serve God by fulfilling their missions.
5. Muslims believe in the Day of Judgment, which is a fixed point in time in the future where all of mankind will individually be held accountable by God for all that they did in this life. Injustices committed between people in this life that were not rectified here will be settled by God on that day. Everyone will receive the rights due to them from others and all debts will be settled. If our righteous deeds are accepted by God and outweigh our sins, God will grant us Paradise by His Mercy. If our sins outweigh our good deeds we face the possibility of the punishment of Hell-fire, unless of course God shows mercy on us and forgives us.
6. Muslims believe in the Divine Will of God and His Divine Plan. If good comes to us in this life, we recognize it as God’s Will and a blessing from Him. We do not let it cause us to forget that He provides us with everything we need. It is not merely our knowledge and skill that enable us to achieve good in this life. If misfortunes befall us, we also recognize it as God’s Will and a test of faith for us. We remain patient and do not lose faith or despair of God’s Mercy on us. Nothing can happen in this life that is against God’s Will. He is not subject to our actions at all; we are subject to His Will.
Much of what Muslims believe is common to people of Christian and Jewish faiths. How we put these beliefs into practice in our daily lives is what distinguishes us from others. Muslims practice their faith by implementing five simple but powerful forms of worship in their lives.
There is never a one size fits all when it comes to love, relationships, falling in love, or marriage. Heartbreak after such a long relationship can often leave us as human beings feeling negative because we feel we have invested so much emotionally and the experience can often leave an individual feeling abandoned, rejected, not trusting others, and pessimistic about the hopes of a future relationship.
Hope and faith play an important role in overcoming a broken heart. As in every negative experience or situation Allah tests our faith and devotion to him. The moments that you reflect on this experience and you feel alone, this is a time to turn to Allah in supplication. The language of the Quran is a beautiful one. Its message can teach us many lessons to help us in healing emotionally after surviving adversity or when experiencing grief.
Allah says in the Quran in Surah 94 verses 5-8:
“Verily, along with every hardship is relief. Verily, along with every hardship is relief. So when you have finished, devote yourself for Allah’s worship. And to your Lord turn intentions and hopes”.
If you arent going through a heartbreak and you have got a good wife or husband, please pray to Allah to keep you both strong in your marriage,
Firstly, Jazakumullah and thank you to all those who have generously donated to the appeal above.The NRM parliamentary nominations are drawing closer and we can now begin to imagine UAH’s Ahmed Kateregga Musaazi as a member of Parliament for Kyadondo South. And as we continue with our debates on the forum, let us spare a thought for the melancholy plight of several UAH members(NRM and opposition) who are gifted with good brains and could be useful to our country, but don’t have the means to financially support themselves during elections. Apparently, one needs averagely shs.30 millions to campaign to become an MP. Therefore, a donation of whatever you can afford will help one of our own, Ahmed Katerega, to finance both the NRM primaries and later the actual campaigns. He reckons he will need the money mainly during the NRM primaries.So, its better we directly send it to him ASAP to enable him kick start his consultations as an aspirant.
Please don’t look at Ahmed as one of the ‘Nrm Terrorists’ but look at him as someone who will add value to our legislature, and as a brother in Islam, if elected as MP. There are so many people in NRM who see things differently from their chairman, but look at NRM as an easier way of getting themselves there.
Donations to this noble cause can be made by:
1- Mobile money directly to Ahmed Kateregga on: 256-772836537 and 256756836537;
2- Using money-gram, western Union or any other service available, and the recipient is Ahmed Katerega Musaazi. He will need an ID in the same names to get the money;
3- Contact him to meet you up to get your donation if you are residing around Kampala and surroundings. Please leave your name and email address or phone number when you pledge, such that Ahmed can contact you.
Abbey Kibirige Semuwemba